Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Could the Volunteers be a Pathway to January Happiness?

By: LONNY DEMAREE

The Tennessee Volunteers roll into Lexington with its own mission as well as the Kentucky on its own mission. The Vols will be trying to block the Cats from getting bowl eligible. The Vols are attempting to score its first touchdown in twelve quarters and better yet save their coach's job.

Even in their despair they have played hard with very little results. The Wildcats have their own issues to attend to. And they are properly addressed they won't have to concern themselves with their path being block to the happiness the are seeking that would likely be a January bowl.

The coaches have a job ahead of themselves to facilitating readiness in shaking off the doldrums of a dismantling at the hands of the Mississippi State Bulldogs. The Cats are rarely the favorites in SEC games but the odds makers have made them favorite to win the contest on Saturday night at Kroger Field.

The question is are they feeling the effects of the mid-season strain because they had an unexplained implosion in Davis Wade Stadium amongst the outrageously loud cow-bells.
    One of the big issues is to get the receiver making contested catches because every pass is never going to be perfect. And what has happened to C. J. Conrad the tight end. It was thought that he was on tap to make some big plays this season. But it's not to late and not better than to get re-focused against the Vols.

The wide receivers have to start making the contested catches. “Some of them were not even contested,” Mark Stoops with much chagrin said. “On film there there were 10 try's and we lost all ten.”

This team hasn't been able to find an identity. And 2016 the team found one in that they could run the football. They have found nothing that they do well offensively. We know that Eddie Gran likes to run the football and that hasn't happened consistently. What about the run how difficult is it with the personnel available? Gran said: “It really isn't. It's perfect alignment, perfect assignment, and perfect footwork. We did some things in the game that we reverted back to day one or two that you are correct your steps and those fundamentals. You can't do that in this league – this is a big boy league. We are all taking ownership of it and we are getting after it.”

Anybody that gets caught up in numbers on paper are making a mistake. They are the Volunteers dating back to 1812 when the Irish Volunteers were fighters and Tennessee is going to come in here and fight.

The last time UK defeated Tennessee was 2011 when the Cats used wide Matt Roak at quarterback to win the game. When the Cats find a down Tennessee team they absolutely step on their throat. So one bad game does not a season make when there are five games left on the path to a January bowl.

• KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post