Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Practice Notes for the 9/26/17

Eddie Gran said the practice was great. He said they fought through the heat. Gran said it was good to get that bad taste out of their mouth. The coach was upbeat in saying this was perhaps one of the greatest Tuesday practice's since he's been at UK.

* Gran said they have a nice package for Lynn Bowden as he grows. He alluded to the trick play they used against Florida involving Lynn Bowden. He quipped about it addressing his post-game reaction when defending his play calling. “I was in a little bit of a funk Saturday night,” Gran said...laughs.

* Stephen Johnson said Bowden is special. He said the freshman has great hands.
    * Gran said Charles Walker loves the game. “When he puts the helmet on for UK it means something.
    * Gran said that against a good Florida defense one of every six plays were explosive plays. By his standards a big play is: 12-yards per run play; 16-yards per pass play.
    * Benny Snell said he is proud of the play of Sihiem King. He made some big runs. “That's what I've been talking with the Lightning and Thunder,” Snell said.
    * Tavin Richardson said the loss hurt a lot for his teammates but he has been through a lot coming from Greer, South Carolina. “I think positive so. They are a receiver group by committee without any one player standing out. Richardson asked is it going to be that way throughout the year. He said: “I hope so. We watch film together in the meeting room and no one is selfish in that room.”
    * Walker said he likes it when the punter punts it real deep. “It's not so bang bang and gives me space to run,” he said. He said this was the first chance he has had to and wished he could have taken the 52-yarder into the end zone.
    * Tight end coach Vice Marrow said - “Every time C. J. (Conrad) he has been the target he has caught the ball.” the coach said. Will he be targeted more. The coach said - “He's an all around tight end. He catch's and he blocks. He has nine catches and three touchdowns. There are some high profile tight ends with twenty catches and just touchdowns.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed