Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• "Jolly" Stoops preparing team for South Carolina

By LARRY VAUGHT

Mark Stoops couldn't help but laugh -- and issue a warning -- when he was described as "jolly" during his weekly press conference Monday.

“Let’s just see if you say that next Monday (after UK plays at South Carolina Saturday). I don’t know jolly. I’ve never heard that word with me," said Stoops.

"I just feel like this team, they are fun to coach. They want to get better. Believe me, they are going to get coached up this week. I’m not real pleased, they are a lot of things we have to do better and we will. But I know this group will take it.

"I guess that’s the only thing that is different is you know you are not going to go in there and just talk and talk and talk without them listening, taking it in and wanting to get better. Wanting to improve, you always like that as a coach. That is why you coach. We still have quite a few challenges and there are things that aggravate the heck out of you that we have to have cleaned up. And we are going to start doing that today."

Then, Stoops had a revelation and understood why it might have seemed like he was truly in a jolly mood.

"I guess that’s why I am so jolly because I’m ready to go rip somebody’s butt," Stoops said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post