Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Lamar Thomas in Search of the Deep Help for Garrett Johnson

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Thomas has some freshman that’s untested and his job is to find out who can play at a high level when the figuratively, lights go on. “I look into their eyes obviously to see who is bright eyed and bushy tailed,” the coach said. “You are on the road. I’ve been there – things are going very fast, the crowd is against you because you are on the road. I remember my first time running out there against Wisconsin. Most important thing for me was don’t fall, running out and carrying out the plan. These are the things you don’t think about until you are in that situation.” A couple of plays didn’t go well for them and they look forward this week for them to get that shot in front of their home crowd. Coach Mark Stoops said that after two or three games things will sort itself out as to who is going to be that other deep threat. The candidates for that role obvious lies in the hands of Isaiah Epps, Josh Ali, and Lynn Bowden.

Thomas said they had a couple plays where they should come down with fifty/fifty ball and they didn’t. Eddie Gran said today's practice was the focus on that very thing and they did well. “They need to understand that and they look forward to the challenge,” Thomas said without dissing Eastern Kentucky. “The schedule sets up for that opportunity. I had a player come of the field (Tavin Richardson) and said to me ‘I should’ve had that.’ He will learn from that and make that play next time. We’ve got to make those catches even if it’s a tough throw, to make the quarterback look good.” He said that after the first game you learn things. Everybody’s a little jittery. And watching the film it gives you a benchmark and you understand the things where they showed during fall camp that they can do it.

Ali and Epps he said “they can run” and we need some people who can stretch the field. He said Receiver coach Lamar Thomas has a stable of qualified receivers all with good speed for the Power Five college level. From that stable he is in search of that deep threat to partner up with senior Garrett “Juice” Johnson.

He said he told them last year they had a loss. “We had a lot of yards but we loss,” the coach said. “I’d trade the yards any day for the win but we’ve got to continue to get better.”
    Comments 2 Comments
      anderwt -
      Heard we got a kid named Bowden?
      catmanjack -
      Saving him for when the games count.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post