Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Q&A with Demarco Robinson

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Question: How hard will it be to come back from this loss and get ready for Southeastern Conference play?
    Robinson: “It won’t be that hard. The whole team has to work hard to get better. We will just continue that in practice this week.”

Question: Does losing to a Sun Belt Conference team hurt a bit more and make it harder to get ready to play again?
    Robinson: “It hurts a real lot. I have confidence our guys will take it as motivation instead of looking down on the season. We will use it to get better.”

Question: Are players taking this loss harder than you really want to share publicly?
    Robinson: “Everybody is not happy with the loss. We fought hard to come back, but in the end we lost. Have to work harder to get it right.”

Question: Does this loss hurt the team’s pride even more than the opening game loss at Louisville?
    Robinson: “I would say any time we lose at home it is a pride thing. We hate to let the fans down the way we did.”

Question: What did you think of the fan support you got from the fans at the game?
    Robinson: “I appreciate the fans who came and stayed. We have to do better for them.”

Question: What would you say to fans who are not happy with coach Joker Phillips right now over the way the team is playing?
    Robinson: “He is with us. You are either with us or against us. He is our coach and we are with him 100 percent.”

Question: Are there things he could do different or is this on the players?
    Robinson: “I am not sure about that. It is a team effort. Everybody is together in our eyes as one. We are not doing much pointing fingers and stuff.”

Question: Does it just take time for young talent to come together?
    Robinson: “I don’t know how to answer that question. We do feel like we have a lot of talent. It’s just getting chemistry and everything right. We have to start getting things going earlier in games.”

Question: Can UK still salvage a respectable season despite a 1-2 start?
    Robinson: “In my mind, we don’t have a lot of time left. I am wanting to get this done as quick as possible.”

Question: How important does this make Saturday’s game at Florida?
    Robinson: “The next game is always our biggest game. We have the opportunity to go on the road and beat a ranked team. We have our chance for redemption in that game.”
    Comments 2 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by LarryVaught1 View Post
      Question: Can UK still salvage a respectable season despite a 1-2 start?
      Robinson: “In my mind, we don’t have a lot of time left. I am wanting to get this done as quick as possible.”
      Dang right.
      LarryVaught1 -
      Try no time left
  • KSR Twitter Feed