Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky looking for more "Juice" this Fall

By LARRY VAUGHT

As a junior in 2016, Garrett “Juice” Johnson led Kentucky in receptions with 39 for 585 yards. In 2015, he led the team with 694 receiving yards on 46 catches. As a true freshman in 2014, he had 22 catches for 271 yards.

Overall, he has 107 career receptions for 1,550 yards, ranking him eighth on UK’s career receiving yards list and needs just 111 more yards to tie Randall Cobb at No. 7 (1,661). He’s almost the first UK receiver to have four games of at least 140 receiving yards.

But quarterbacks coach Darin Hinshaw and offensive coordinator Eddie Gran want to see even more from Johnson this season.

"When you start taking it to another level — where we are offensively — we want to see the leaders or the playmakers be able to become better leaders. That’s doing everything right off the field, doing everything right on the field," Hinshaw said.

"There’s a certain level we’re expecting our standard to be at, and if our leaders aren’t doing more than that then no one will follow. That’s why we want Juice to be literally the best person he can be, the best player he can be.

"We’re going to continue to coach them all really, really hard. But we want him — because he’s a playmaker, we want him to be doing everything 10 times better than everybody else off the field and on the field and then everyone follows.”
    Comments 1 Comment
      Terry Blue -
      Juice is playing both slot and outside this year
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post