Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Hoskins ready to play

By LARRY VAUGHT

He kept hearing that he would not be ready to play when Kentucky's season opened after having offseason surgery on both shoulders.

Junior college transfer Phil Hoskins never quit believing. He was convinced he would not only be on campus, but would be ready to help UK's defensive front Sept. 2 when the Cats open the season.

Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said in mid-July he hoped Hoskins would be ready by late September. But guess what? Now both Stoops and Hoskins say he's ready to go.

The defensive end said both his doctors and UK's team doctors think he's about ready to play.

"I feel good. The typical recovery time for my stuff was four to six months. I am getting close to five months, so I think I am good," Hoskins said at UK's media day.

The 6-5, 280-pound Hoskins could provide needed help/depth at defensive end. He has three years of eligibility remaining and knows Kentucky needs him to help this season.

"I want to get playing time. Iíve been doing whatever I can to get better: watch film, study my plays. Once I can do that, the God-given ability is there," Hoskins said.

Kentucky had trouble stopping the run last season, especially on third down plays. Hoskins said Stoops told him a priority this season was stopping the run -- and that suits him.

"I am a fast, aggressive player," Hoskins said. "I want to get after people and make plays."
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Hoskins ready to play started by Darrell KSR View original post
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

MickintheHam

Re: OT: Villanova 40-0???

SVP just ripped the refs on his SC show. Pretty bad.

MickintheHam Today, 02:22 AM Go to last post
    MickintheHam

Re: OT: ULM Buzzer-Beater last night

I suppose not. ULM missed a real opportunity when they dropped the Indian nickname.

MickintheHam Today, 02:16 AM Go to last post
    Krank

Re: Kentucky remains # 8 in AP Poll

Big Ten teams are easy to hate as a rule... easier when they had Bo Ryan coaching... still, they're no IU... and he's no Knight.

I may be

Krank Today, 01:50 AM Go to last post
    Krank

Re: OT: Villanova 40-0???

Thanks for the nuanced portrayal, boss.

Just a note BTW... Wisconsin's down this year... and so is the Big Ten... and most know it who follow

Krank Today, 01:39 AM Go to last post
    blueboss

Kentucky remains # 8 in AP Poll

Is it okay to still hate Wisconsin? Not all UL, dook, unc hate, but still a healthy disdain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueboss Today, 01:30 AM Go to last post