Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Meyer: Big Ten Conference as good as it gets

By: LARRY VAUGHT

At the Big Ten Media Day on Monday, Ohio State coach Urban Meyer was asked about comments he made six years ago that the Big Ten had things to do to catch up to the Southeastern Conference where Meyer won national titles at Florida and if he thought the Big Ten had closed the gap.

"I don't think there's a gap at all. And that's no disrespect to other conferences. To give my opinion to other conferences or when I hear that, I have no idea. But I've coached in the SEC East when that was one of the strongest in the country. And I think the Big Ten East right now is every bit as strong as I can remember the SEC East," Meyer said.

"I thought recruiting, I was shocked at the disrespect to Big Ten had in 2012. I don't feel that at all anymore. I feel a great amount of respect nationally about the Big Ten. You sit and look at the national recruiting rankings and you see the Big Ten everywhere, all over the place, and that's the way it should be.

"So there's a lot of credit to be given, obviously to the administrations that invest in their programs and to the coaching staffs that are out there doing the work. And this is as tough a conference as there is."
    Comments 1 Comment
      Terry Blue -
      UL biased media here have convinced themselves that The ACC has the best football conference. Doesn,t cost anything to wag the tonque
  • KSR Twitter Feed