Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Calipari offers views on Kentucky v Indiana

By LARRY VAUGHT

John Calipari does a lot of things I will never get the opportunity to do. I have no problem with that.

But he did something Monday I would never want to do — he went on the “Dan Dakich Radio.”

You remember Dakich, the former Indiana player who hosts a radio show in Indianapolis. And those of you who know, understand why I would never ever want to be in the same spot Calipari was today.

I give Calipari credit for knowing the first question would have to be about UK playing Indiana again. The Kentucky coach was more than ready for it.

"I offered two games at Indianapolis. My governor at the time, Gov. (Steve) Beshear, was not happy with me. 'Why don't we play one game in Kentucky?' Because we can't play in Louisville. They tell me I can't get in that building. So tell them we're going to play two (in Indianapolis),” Calipari told Dakich.

“Call the football arena. Both of us will get 25,000 people at the game. It will be nuts. And I was told, no, we're not doing that.”

Believe him. I do.

Kentucky and Indiana have not play in the regular season since the 2011-12 season when Indiana beat UK on a last-second shot that touched off a court-rushing storm that was scary with the way students were leaping over seats and people.

After that, Calipari was okay with playing, but only in neutral sites. Indiana countered by saying it wanted a game at least every other year in Bloomington.

"I tried to get them in the CBS Classic with us, where we're playing UCLA and (North Carolina) and (Ohio State). It was supposed to be Indiana. I said let's do that one. They said no,” Calipari said.

Kentucky and Indiana have met 57 times and combined for 13 national championships.

But don’t count me as one who would love to see this series renewed. Kentucky is doing fine without playing the Hoosiers and will keep just doing fine.
    Comments 3 Comments
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
      Guys, I am telling you. My best friend has lived in Indy for 40 years. His wife is a huge UK fan and she says the hate IU fans have for ANYTHING Kentucky is simply off the charts and borderline dangerous. It is not safe for UK to ever play in Bloomington...EVER!!

Darryl
      I've been trying to tell folks for decades that IU fans hate anything "Kentucky" worse than ANY other fanbase, YES, INCLUDING LOUISVILLE...

but most UK fans choose not to believe that, probably because the water-cooler arguments are more fresh with UL fans.

It's true though.
      Terry Blue -
      Indiana has not been relevant in big time college basketball for a long time
      Doc -
      Many non Hoosier fans are coming to the realization the Bobby Knight wasnt the man he was portrayed to be and that is tainting the reputation of the school. Many are coming to see that he was a bully and a thug. Those folk overlooked it but now are seeing what an asshole the guy was in retrospect
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post