Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Stephen Johnson on Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award Watch List

UK Media Relations

Senior is one of 47 quarterbacks on the watch list for the Golden Arm

LEXINGTON, Ky. – University of Kentucky senior quarterback Stephen Johnson has been named to the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Watch List, it was announced today.

After an injury to sophomore quarterback Drew Barker just two games into the season, Johnson stepped in vs. New Mexico State and provided a veteran and calming presence. He went 5-4 as a starter, completing 145-of-265 passes for 2,037 yards and 13 touchdowns. He also carried the ball 97 times for 327 yards and three scores.

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Californian will forever hold a place in Kentucky fans’ hearts in leading UK to a thrilling upset of the 11th-ranked Louisville Cardinals in the regular-season finale (41-38). Also guiding UK to a pair of come-from-behind wins in relief roles, Johnson led the Cats to their best record in seven years and a bowl game for the first time since 2010.

The Golden Arm Award is awarded based on a player’s accomplishments both on and off the field. Candidates must be a college senior or fourth-year junior on schedule to graduate with their class. This year marks the 30th anniversary of the award and the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Educational Foundation.

The Golden Arm Award committee will announced the Top 15 finalists in September and the presentation to the winner will be Friday, Dec. 8. For more information, visit www.goldenarmfoundation.com.

Photo: UK Athletics
    Comments 5 Comments
      catmanjack -
      How can a non worthy starter be on this list?
      catmanjack -
      DB has to be on the list somewhere.
      anderwt -
      I know, weird since he may lose his job to Barker
      Kacat -
      Not sure if this is sarcasm or people really are hating on SJ. Regardless he has earned his chance to play. Winning does that.
      VirginiaCat -
      Not at SJ...at TB.

SJ deserves his shot. He earned it in the SEC last year..but does have some issues to correct (lord, don't we all!!!!!!!!)
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post