Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Cynthia Stallings (Bunchy's Mom) passes

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky junior offensive lineman Bunchy Stallings lost his mother last weekend when she passed away after a long, hard battle with cancer.

Cynthia Stallings, 53, died at her residence.

I only met her once, but she seemed like a terrific lady and was obviously proud of her son — as she should have been.

Not only is he one of UK’s best offensive linemen, but he might also be one of the team’s most under appreciated players. He was a top 40 recruit in Alabama when he decided to play at Kentucky.

That was after then UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown, now the head coach at Troy, and UK offensive line coach John Schlarman were caught in a rare Alabama snowstorm that paralyzed the area. The UK coaches had to abandon their car, walk a mile to Stallings’ high school and then spend the night at the school with many others because of the weather. Stallings now wears No. 65 in honor of Schlarman, who also wore 65 during his UK career.

His father, Robert, played for the NFL’s St. Louis Cardinals and his brother, Tre, played for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Kentucky fans certainly need to remember him and his family in prayers now and in the weeks ahead.

I reached out to Stallings on Twitter because even now I still miss my father and I know it is hard to lose a parent.

“Thank you and you know it's not easy but you understand they're in a better place,” Stallings replied.

You do, but that doesn’t mean you don’t miss them. So keep the Stallings family in your prayers.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post