Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Wildcats Flickering Football Light Ready to Shine

By: LONNY DEMAREE

We are now just twenty-days away from the SEC football media days starting on July 10-13. After that event in short order it’s on for college football. We will break down the Kentucky Wildcats as we see it for the 2017 season.

Point: Looking at the big picture the Cats have a very favorable schedule.
    Counterpoint: Ole Yeahbut says we still play in the SEC.

Point: The Cats have 17 starters back from a season in which they won four SEC game for the first time since 2009 and only twice since the season since 1984.
    Counterpoint: Granted that was a nice accomplishment in an eastern division that had underachieving teams.

Point: The Cats broke the losing streak against their rival the 10th rank Louisville Cardinals.
    Counterpoint: Though that did wonders for the image of the Cats especially in recruiting they still have the most dubious record in the country given the ridiculous losing streak against Florida.

Point: The team has a four starters back in the offensive line and stands to have an even better line this season.
    Counterpoint: Yeahbut they only scored an average of 25-point a game in SEC play. That will have to improve if they Cats are to make a dent in the top three (Georgia, Tennessee, Florida) in the SEC east.

Point: This will be the first season since Mark Stoops has been the head coach that the offensive brain trust is in place in back-to-back seasons. This should be a huge plus.
    Counterpoint: You’ve got a point there but in Boom Williams, Jojo Kemp, and Jeff Badet you lost your top three playmakers.

Point: UK has the bruising running back Benny Snell and shifty Sihiem King back in their back field.
    Counterpoint: Yeahbut their other backs they will be depending on haven’t taken a snap in the SEC.

Point: Eddie Gran will shape a winning offense for the Cats because look at what he did in reshaping the offense when Drew barker went down.
    Counterpoint: What are you going to do about being last, by a lot, in the SEC in the turnover ratio department and last in per-game punting?

Point: The Cats have one of the best back seven’s on defense.
    Counterpoint: But what will the Wildcats do about the defensive frontline? They have a lot of ground to make because they were last in the SEC quarterback sacks.

Point: When Drew Barker is healthy the Cats will be deeper at the quarterback position than at any point in the history of UK football.
    Counterpoint: They conventional thinking is when you have three of near equal talent, you don’t have one. And by the way Drew Barker having only five games under his belt and two of them unexplainable he still has a lot to prove. Johnson still has to rise to the level of an SEC quarterback completing on a little over fifty percent in SEC games last season.

In the very near future we will further break down the Wildcats but for now I say the Cats will be 8-4 on the regular season.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post