Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Changed plans keep Green from USA U 19 Team

By LARRY VAUGHT

For months Philadelphia point guard Quade Green had talked about playing on the USA under 19 team that will be coached by John Calipari.

However, when the list of players invited to the tryout for the team in Colorado Springs next week came out, Green's name was missing.

What happened?

"Quade was extended an invite but I understand that there was a schedule conflict that prevented his participation this summer," said USA Basketball's Craig Miller Monday.

Green's high school coach, Carl Arrigale,

“I don’t know if it was something UK did not want him to do or what,” Arrigale said. “I thought he was excited about being on the team, but things change.

“I just know he had a great year for us. He had to do some different things for us and we asked him to do a lot of things for us this year. He had to shoot the ball for us and he won’t have to do that at UK. He will have his games if they need him to get buckets because he is a really good player. But for us, he had to score.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed