Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v Louisville Super Regional Game 2

Lineup change: Troy Squires in at catcher, Luke Becker out of the DH spot, replaced by Kole Cottam.

Sean Hjelle on the mound, Kentucky is the home team today.

Comments 139 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      3-0 on the # 9 batter. Ball four.
      Darrell KSR -
      Ball one. Squeeze play, foul. Squeeze play, foul. Now 1-2. Plunks him behind the neck/back and that hurts.

Pop leaves, Logan Salow enters.
      dan_bgblue -
      Sigh
      dan_bgblue -
      Pop was pitching poorly before the injury and the rest did not help him at all.
      dan_bgblue -
      Man I am going to miss watching him play next year. Damn he is special
      Darrell KSR -
      Bases loaded. Ball hit to Evan White, steps on the bag, throws a bullet PERFECT strike to Squires, has to tag the runner, he does, DOUBLE PLAY.

Cats still with a pulse. Wow. Baseball.

Bottom 6
      Kentucky 1
      Louisville 4
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Man I am going to miss watching him play next year. Damn he is special
      Will be fun watching him roam the outfield fielding grounders, huh?
      Doc -
      Huge double play. Great play to block the plate
      kingcat -
      Up against a monster team it seems. Fat lady has entered the facility
      Darrell KSR -
      1-0, so we swing and pop-up the next pitch. Sigh. Pompey out # 1.

White at the plate and we need baserunners. Ball out...no, it's a strike, and it's 0-1. Ball outside, 1-1. Ball low, but called a strike, and it's 1-2. McKay has been so good today he's getting the calls. And...another two strike Evan White base hit. He can hit anything, anytime.

Reks smashes the first pitch he hits, and it's a base hit to right field, and Cats have the tying run at the plate for their cleanup hitter, Kole Cottam.

Misses the first pitch by a foot. Would have been a drop-kick hit if he had hit it. Not sure he saw how badly he missed it, because his head was jerked out to left field anyway lol. I get it, he's looking to even the score.

Misses a second consecutive curve, and he looks bad on them. Fastball off the plate, 1-2.

Balk called, runners advance to 2nd and 3rd. His right knee moved to 1st and then he stopped. It was a LOT clearer than the TV announcers are saying.

Misses another curve, same spot, strike 3. Man, you HAVE to put the bat on the ball there. HAVE to. That's big, as even one run scored from a grounder, fly ball, whatever would narrow the margin.

Mahan up, and takes a hit to score the run now. 0-2. Swings at a 55-footer, and strikes out to end the inning. That was awful.

Top 7
      Kentucky 1
      Louisville 4
      blueboss -
      Breaking ball in the dirt is kill'n us....

Not what I wanted to see in my first game since the Fl series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Doc -
      Blown opportunities
      Darrell KSR -
      McKay with 85 pitches, 61 strikes. Has at least one more inning in him. Will get to the 8th inning almost assuredly.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by blueboss View Post
      Breaking ball in the dirt is kill'n us....

Not what I wanted to see in my first game since the Fl series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Blown opportunities
      Certainly not playing well at the plate. You can just feel them pressing. I know how big it is for them, and you can tell it is crumpling their mojo.

Really needed a run that inning.
      dan_bgblue -
      Come on Ump that was a perfect strike that you called a ball
      Darrell KSR -
      Salow returns to the mound, gets a fly ball to CF for out # 1. Now McKay at the plate, strikes out. Now Ellis, with two home runs today (3 in his last 5 at-bats) at the plate, Logan pitching him carefully goes to 2-0, now 3-0. Ball four, and the way he was swinging, not a bad idea to pitch carefully.

Hairston up with two outs, one on. 5 balls in a row now. Now 6. Salow looks to be trying to make perfect pitches, and it's really hard. Lazy fly ball, but a lot closer than I thought, as Reks pulls it in on the warning track. Keep that in mind, Cats. Of course, you need to HIT THE BALL before the wind will carry it.

We have 3 innings, 9 outs to start scoring runs.

Bottom 7
      Kentucky 1
      Louisville 4
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Come on Ump that was a perfect strike that you called a ball
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Salow looks to be trying to make perfect pitches, and it's really hard.
      Made more difficult with squeezing the zone.
      Darrell KSR -
      Squires leads it off, slaps it into left field for a leadoff single. Announcers note that's the 3rd hit in the last 5 at bats. Seems like we'd have more to show for it than that, but it surrounded two strikeouts. Let's see if we can do some damage this inning as McKay's pitch count is getting up.

Marshall up, takes McKay's 90th pitch for a ball. Umpire squeezes McKay this time, and it's 2-0. I don't much like this umpire. He's not terrible, but not consistent. So some might call that terrible, I suppose.

There's a strike, and it's 2-1. Foul. Foul. Foul. Wild pitch and Squires moves to 2nd. Base hit to center field, but Squires had to hold up to see if the center fielder was going to go for it, or let it drop--he let it drop--and Cats with runners at the corners, no outs.

Louisville gets a reliever up to warm after McKay has thrown 97 pitches.
      dan_bgblue -
      Oh good grief. That was not a strike ump
      Darrell KSR -
      Carson strikes out, taking called strike three for out # 1.

2-0 on Heady. McKay at 102 pitches. Heady puts a good swing on a fastball, fouls it back. Good sign, IMO. Ball low, and it's 3-1. Infield pop-up, and two straight unproductive outs for Kentucky with a runner on 3rd. Heady just missed it. Should have driven that ball.

Let the record reflect, I think it is a mistake to leave McKay in.

Two outs, and Tristan Pompey up. If he reaches, McKay won't pitch to Evan White, as he'll see the RHP reliever.

BASE HIT, and there's an RBI, and it's 4-2.

Now McKay leaves. One batter too late.
  • KSR Twitter Feed