Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v Louisville Super Regional Game 2

Lineup change: Troy Squires in at catcher, Luke Becker out of the DH spot, replaced by Kole Cottam.

Sean Hjelle on the mound, Kentucky is the home team today.

Comments 139 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      If UK could some how manage to get up 7-0 and hold that till the 6th inning, the crowd would be 75% UK by then.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      If UK could some how manage to get up 7-0 and hold that till the 6th inning, the crowd would be 75% UK by then.
      Good coaching strategy to get fan support
      Darrell KSR -
      I'm still amazed that Kentucky v Louisville did not get prime time for ESPN. Two top 10 teams, natural rivalries, with matchups like today's--the college baseball player of the year on the mound for Louisville vs the SEC Pitcher of the year for Kentucky.

I like the Noon start time myself, with a couple of quibbles, but I think it deserved a better slot than this for promotion purposes.
      blueboss -
      Let's roll Big Blue!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      I'm still amazed that Kentucky v Louisville did not get prime time for ESPN. Two top 10 teams, natural rivalries, with matchups like today's--the college baseball player of the year on the mound for Louisville vs the SEC Pitcher of the year for Kentucky.

I like the Noon start time myself, with a couple of quibbles, but I think it deserved a better slot than this for promotion purposes.
      So no TV coverage? The one time I don't have the goat, biggest game in Ky baseball history.

dan_bgblue -
      Game was moved to ESPN instead of the deuce
      blueboss -
      Hey!!! Wait a minute it's listed as being on ESPN.

Darrell KSR -
      Yep, they are live and it is on now....
      dan_bgblue -
      Good grief. Strike three no call
      dan_bgblue -
      Marshall may work his way into an all star at third some day. He is good
      Darrell KSR -
      Good grief. Strike three no call
      Umpire just missed that. That will be a strike the rest of the game.
      dan_bgblue -
      Good start for Hjelle. 3 up 3 down
      Darrell KSR -
      Marshall may work his way into an all star at third some day. He is good
      With Heady's improvement, I am very comfortable with balls hit that side now.
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle missed with his curve early, but hasn't thrown it much, relying on fastballs. His location isn't perfect, but it's not bad, and I'll take a 13-pitch, 3-up, 3-down inning any time for him.

Got first batter out on a nifty grab by Marshall with a smooth throw to first on the run; a fly ball to Reks in medium left field, and a foul pop up to Evan White.

Bottom 1
      Kentucky 0
      Louisville 0
      Doc -
      Simply amazing that McKay drinks a coke during they game. INCREDIBLE
      Doc -
      The.depth of the information given during a telecast if frightening.
      Darrell KSR -
      Pompey, batting right-handed to face the southpaw McKay, takes two straight balls, then a called strike about where the umpire missed the first inning strike for Hjelle. McKay relying on his fastball and location, operating between 90-92 it appears if you can believe TV graphics. Then throws a curve on the 7th pitch to Pompey that he just sorta knuckles to the first baseman for an easy groundout.

White takes a pitch 2 inches farther outside than the one the umpire missed the first inning (told ya it would be a strike). He's behind 0-2, takes a curve low. Another one over the plate, and White hits it right back to central park, safely down in center field for a base hit.

Ball bounced in the dirt, catcher got lucky and it bounced straight into his mitt, White can't move. Reks in the hole, 1-2. Stat from TV says that Reks is batting 120 points less against southpaws.

He hits a shot, but it is right at the 3rd baseman, and it's a 5-4-3 double play to end the inning. Tough luck, as Reks hit a shot there.

Top 2
      Kentucky 0
      Louisville 0
      dan_bgblue -
      DP ends the 1st. Reks hit it well, just right at the 3rd baseman
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Simply amazing that McKay drinks a coke during they game. INCREDIBLE
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      The.depth of the information given during a telecast if frightening.
      lol...that it is. And Mountain Dew the night before? Man, these guys are GOOOOOOOD. At something.
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle gets his counterpart, McKay (who is a two-way player, in case you missed the 17 times the announcers said it pregame and since) to hit a short fly to center, easy out # 1.

2-2 on Ellis (the home run hero for UofL yesterday), and he does it again, on a fastball up on a 2-2 pitch, and it's 1-0 Louisville.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post