Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v Louisville Super Regional Game 2

Lineup change: Troy Squires in at catcher, Luke Becker out of the DH spot, replaced by Kole Cottam.

Sean Hjelle on the mound, Kentucky is the home team today.

Comments 139 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      McKay made mistakes to Heady and Pompey, and got an infield pop-up and a single out of it. It could have been much worse. Either one of them could have hit a home run.
      dan_bgblue -
      The line drive up the middle from Pompey just lacked altitude. He crushed it
      Darrell KSR -
      McKay leaves after 108 pitches, and continues his streak, with just one out short of the 8th inning. He leaves to applause from both Louisville and Kentucky fans, as they should.

Evan White up to face the hard-throwing right-hander Sam Bordner, and he's 0-2 and doesn't look good against him yet. Great stuff coming from the mound. Beautiful pitch off the outside black, called a ball by the umpire, and it's 1-2. Thanks. Ball low, 2-2. Ball a hair low, and it's 3-2. Wow. Umpire could have rung up Evan on either. He's consistently inconsistent, the umpire is.

Runners on 1st and 2nd will be moving on this pitch. Ball four, bases loaded for Reks.
      Darrell KSR -
      Single ties it, most likely, with Pompey on 2nd a pretty swift runner.

1-1. Now 2-1, with fastball outside. Fouled away, and it's 2-2. Strike 3.

Top 8
      Kentucky 2
      Louisville 4
      dan_bgblue -
      Dang it
      Darrell KSR -
      Cats have 8 hits, Cards have 8 hits; difference is that two of the Cards hits were home runs. Bordner looked unhittable there; I was just hoping he'd throw it away, but his control was good.
      dan_bgblue -
      arrrrgh
      Darrell KSR -
      Line shot to the center fielder, who is playing about 8 feet away from the 1st base bag wearing a 1st baseman's glove, and he snags it for out # 1.

Now a real fly ball to the center fielder, and there are two outs.

2-0 on the 3rd batter, pitch outside called a strike, of course (should be a strike, but it's hit-or-miss today), and it's 2-1. Now 3-1. Ball four, and we walked the #9 hitter.

1-2 on the leadoff hitter, I won't comment about balls/strikes anymore.

Chris Machamer is warming up in the UK bullpen.

Salow with 18 throws to 1st. Not quite, but a lot.

Double to LF, ball bounces slowly off the fence (it ain't a wall) and relay is high so a run scores, and that might do it. 5-2 Louisville.
      Doc -
      Too worried about runner. Two outs, just get the batter out
      Darrell KSR -
      Of course, we walked the # 9 batter with two outs. He's the one that scored. So far.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

Salow with 18 throws to 1st. Not quite, but a lot.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Too worried about runner. Two outs, just get the batter out
      Should've stopped at 17.
      Darrell KSR -
      Bloop hit scores another run, and it's 6-2.
      dan_bgblue -
      Mahan cost the Cats a run there
      Darrell KSR -
      We have six outs to score at least four runs. Gi-normous geometric hyperbolic parameter difference between a 2-run deficit with 2 innings remaining, and 4 run deficit (especially when you've only scored 2).
      Darrell KSR -
      If Machamer has been warming, I don't know why Salow is still in. He's not as effective, he's pitching to another right-handed hitter (Machamer is right-handed, of course), and there's a slim possibility if we win that Salow could pitch tomorrow after about 35 pitches today.

Get him out.
      Darrell KSR -
      Walks the batter on four pitches. McKay up, now UK goes to Machamer. Of course, this goes to a righty-lefty matchup. We missed the righty-righty matchup a batter ago.

Sorry to be grumbling.
      Darrell KSR -
      Salow, the relief pitcher who threw a ton last weekend, did not allow a hit through 2.1 innings of relief. He's normally a 1-inning closer. (I know he had that long stint in South Carolina, and CAN).

I actually started to post that Kentucky should pull him after he induced the ground ball to get out of the bases loaded jam he inherited. That way you let him get the key out of the game, arguably, and have him available for tomorrow. You have to rely on others to get you the rest of the way anyway.
      Darrell KSR -
      Line shot to Evan White ends the inning.

Bottom 8
      Kentucky 2
      Louisville 6
      Darrell KSR -
      Salow threw 40 pitches, 18 strikes and 22 balls.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Salow threw 40 pitches, 18 strikes and 22 balls.
      Not a good outing at all
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post