Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v Louisville Super Regional Game 2

Lineup change: Troy Squires in at catcher, Luke Becker out of the DH spot, replaced by Kole Cottam.

Sean Hjelle on the mound, Kentucky is the home team today.

Comments 139 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      See, runners on the corners
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle strikes out the first Cardinal, and always like to start the inning with their batter returning to the dugout with his head down.

Side note--if Kentucky can rally and win this game, and Hjelle get the win, it would be his 3rd NCAA tournament win already in 8 days.

2-2 on the next batter, curve outside. Was about a foot too far for him to chase. Ball high and Hjelle wanted to know where it missed, as it's a walk. We don't need that, as Hjelle's control isn't perfect, but McKay's is closer.

Easy ground ball but just to the right of White, to the left of Mahan, and runners are on the corners as the hit-and-run was on. Can Hjelle do it one more time?

# 3 hitter up for Louisville, and we need an unproductive out.

Curve over the plate, but low, I guess, and it's 1-0. Berlanger out to talk.
      dan_bgblue -
      2-0 UL and 2 outs
      dan_bgblue -
      2nd one on a platter but it went foul thank goodness
      Darrell KSR -
      SAC fly to center field, and it's 2-0. That is a big run for Louisville. May keep Louisville from a big inning, but this could be a 2-0, 2-1 game.

McKay up with a runner on 1st, two outs.

2-0. Foul home run, and it's 2-1. Foul, 2-2. Foul. Grounds to Mahan in the hole, but shift is perfect, drops the grounder, but plenty of time to throw him out.

Cats need to respond here, I feel.

Bottom 5
      Kentucky 0
      Louisville 2
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle has one more inning, at most, I think. He's at 83 pitches (50 strikes, 33 balls).
      Darrell KSR -
      Cats will have White-Reks-Cottam at the plate this inning, and if anyone reaches, Mahan.
      Darrell KSR -
      Sorry, I screwed up....that's what I get for not keeping a scorebook!

Mahan leads it off. We went 3 up, 3 down with 2-3-4 last inning.
      Doc -
      Any truth to the rumor that Mckay's grandparents are in attendance? I heard they might be there
      Doc -
      Heads up running
      Doc -
      I thought UL would appeal the runner leaving early
      Darrell KSR -
      Mahan leads off with a 2-2 shot down the RF line, off the 1B glove, and it's a stand-up double. In another game, he may have tried for a triple, but you don't want to make the first out at 3rd ever, but especially in this game.

Squires up, and announcers babbling about trying to tie it up with one swing. Squires has one home run all season. There's a SAC bunt and Mahan moves to 3rd.

Have another left-hander up in a position where we need a fly ball, base hit, or deep grounder to right side to score Mahan, Tyler Marshall. Let's go, Tyler!

Poor swing on the first pitch, and it's 0-1. Comes inside, and there's the first HBP for McKay--all season. Wow.

Runners on the corners with one out. Louisville will be at double play depth on the infield for Marcus Carson. High strike fastball, 0-1. Foul fly, nice running grab by the left fielder, but will be enough for Mahan to tag and score, and it's 2-1.

Marshall also tags from 1st base and he runs to 2nd and now we have the tying run at 2nd base for Connor Heady.

Ball outside. Now curve that hints at the outside corner, but too late, and it's 2-0. Swinging, and I HATE that, and it's a weak foul pop-up for out # 3.

Make him throw at least two more pitches. Maybe a ball called from this umpire. Maybe you get another mistake. Maybe you get a walk and Pompey comes up with two on. Oh well, we got one back, and I thought we needed to respond, and we did, so big run for UK.

Top 6
      Kentucky 1
      Louisville 2
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      Any truth to the rumor that Mckay's grandparents are in attendance? I heard they might be there
      I think they're taking a shower.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      WCS used to play football.
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle leaves a hanging curve, and Ellis hits his 2nd home run off him. 3-1 Louisville. Big.
      dan_bgblue -
      Hanging breaking ball right down the pike
      dan_bgblue -
      Hjelle is done I think
      Darrell KSR -
      Hjelle walks the next batter. He's pretty good today, but just pretty good. Normally outstanding. Have to believe throwing 107 pitches Friday, then 35 Monday contribute to this as he is now over 90 pitches.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      WCS used to play football.
      Jarnell Stokes wears size 13 sneakers
      Darrell KSR -
      Fly ball out. That will be Hjelle's last batter, and in comes Zach Pop, who has not pitched since April. Gulp.

Looks to be breathing hard on the mound. I would, too. First pitch is lined down 3B line, standup triple, and it's 4-1.

Given who is pitching for Louisville, the game is getting out of hand.
  • KSR Twitter Feed