Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v North Carolina State: Regional Championship Game Chat (SEC Network)

Game has been picked up by the SEC Network.

LHP Zach Logue, who threw 58 pitches Saturday, gets the start for Kentucky as we expected.
    Comments 258 Comments
      UKHistory -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      When they did it during the game it reminded me of the Bombinos year, Pitino's first. We had a game where the fans just kept doing the cheers, would not stop during play, even our free throws, and it really had an impact on the team. I was there, and we did the CATS cheer for at least 10 minutes in the 2nd half.

When the fans just start cheering, en masse, no prompting, that's going to get some energy going.
      The Bombino year, with no tv and a losing season a real fans came through in a special way.

It was up to this point perhaps our finest hour.
      blueboss -
      Imagine my surprise!!!

Go Cats!!!

Read back through the thread, great job guys almost as good as watching live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      UKFlounder -
      Wow. Awesome

What heart this team showed this week

UK facebook site has video of the celebration along with sweet caroline. Pretty fun.

https://www.facebook.com/UKAthletics...5429278074581/
      badrose -
      Clue me in. What's the Sweet Caroline connection?
      Darrell KSR -
      UKFlounder -
      I don't know why Sweet Caroline is such a popular baseball song, but the .Red Sox play it in the 7th inning stretch, I believe.

Also, Penn State banned its students ftom singing the song at football games. It had apparently been a tradition there, but since the title is associated with a young Caroline Kennedy and includes words like "touching you, touching me" it hit too close to home in the post Sandusky days.

I have a friend who hates it because she thinks it's about pedophilia though I have seen Neil Diamond claim the song was about his wife, but he used the name "Caroline" because he needed 3 syllables and the Kennedy daughter girl popped to his mind.

Either way, I still like the sing
      UKFlounder -
      And seriously, I just watched the Sweet Caroline section again and that may be the coolest thing ever. I know Rupp song the national anthem in unison before a game a couple of years ago and that was sweet, but this was awesome. It must have been a blast to be there, especially for the players on the field
      ETWNAPPEL -
      It was a great sports night for me. First Inwatched the Preds win then UK baseball!

Paying for it at work today though...
      Darrell KSR -
      Attachment 6604Attachment 6605

This is what it looked like rolling in, upright this time.
      You must have a fast shutter speed to not blur pictures going 130.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      You must have a fast shutter speed to not blur pictures going 130.
      I was getting ready to take the off ramp, so I was down to 90 or so.
      Darrell KSR -
      Great pic here....that's Coach Mingione with Mitch after the game. Mingione is a passionate guy, filled with emotion for his kids.
      Darrell KSR -
      Sorry, I never know how/why/what these images will display on the board. Sometimes they're huge like this and I don't know why. I did this from my desktop, too (usually my screwups are from the phone posts.)
      dan_bgblue -
      You folks did a heck of a job last night and early this morning. My thanks to everyone of you for bringing the team home a winner. It will make the drive home on Friday a lot easier on me. Probably gonna float home on a happy cloud.

That was a gutty performance by the entire team, none of them less than Mr Hjelle bringing it home himself.
      Darrell KSR -
      Dan, we had a great time but missed you for sure.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Just what the Doc ordered, eh?
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      He knows Cats!
      LOL--I'm reading through the thread again tonight, reliving the game in my mind, and totally missed this. (Several nice tidbits I missed, in fact).
      Darrell KSR -
      Crowd was fantastic. Enjoyed seeing some videos (including the Facebook one you posted) from the game itself, rather than TV, so you could feel the excitement and energy. UK should have been exhausted, but the fans kept their adrenaline flowing. They really are a contributing factor to the win.

The new stadium couldn't be coming at a better time.

LOVING this crowd. On the score we get "Whoop, there it is!" They're as punchy as everyone else, still there at 1am on a work night.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
      I don't know why Sweet Caroline is such a popular baseball song, but the .Red Sox play it in the 7th inning stretch, I believe.

Also, Penn State banned its students ftom singing the song at football games. It had apparently been a tradition there, but since the title is associated with a young Caroline Kennedy and includes words like "touching you, touching me" it hit too close to home in the post Sandusky days.

I have a friend who hates it because she thinks it's about pedophilia though I have seen Neil Diamond claim the song was about his wife, but he used the name "Caroline" because he needed 3 syllables and the Kennedy daughter girl popped to his mind.

Either way, I still like the sing
      I like the song, too, but I think Penn State is correct in them choosing not to play it. Even a hint is bad taste there.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
      And seriously, I just watched the Sweet Caroline section again and that may be the coolest thing ever. I know Rupp song the national anthem in unison before a game a couple of years ago and that was sweet, but this was awesome. It must have been a blast to be there, especially for the players on the field
      x2.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post