Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v North Carolina State: Regional Championship Game Chat (SEC Network)

Game has been picked up by the SEC Network.

LHP Zach Logue, who threw 58 pitches Saturday, gets the start for Kentucky as we expected.
    Comments 258 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      OK, I'll take him hanging one and Cottam hitting it off the blue monster. TWO RUN DOUBLE, AND CATS LEAD!

Kentucky 7 NC State 5. Keep it going, guys.
      CitizenBBN -
      Complete aside, but to most college parks play the theme to Green Acres in the breaks or just ours?
      Doc -
      2 run double for the cats
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      OK, I'll take him hanging one and Cottam hitting it off the blue monster. TWO RUN DOUBLE, AND CATS LEAD!

You guys are about 30 seconds or so ahead of me. But YEAHHHH!!!!!!
      Terminus -

Yessir!!
      Doc -
      I thought they warned both benches? No ejection????
      CitizenBBN -
      Thinking of it, most people seem about 30 seconds ahead of me. Shouldn't have partied that hard in high school.
      Doc -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      You guys are about 30 seconds or so ahead of me. But YEAHHHH!!!!!!
      That's your pbm
      Doc -
      LOL
      Darrell KSR -
      Big two-out hit from Cottam. Huge.

Tyler Marshall up. Need a single here to score another.

Hits him. Runners on 1st and 2nd for Marcus Carson. Bounces up the middle, but not hard enough to get through, SS grabs and steps on the bag to end the threat.

Bottom 7
      Kentucky 7
      NC State 5
      Darrell KSR -
      9 outs. How many can Hjelle get for us? All 9? 6? 3 more?

If he stops short, who's next?
      CitizenBBN -
      Would always like more with guys on base, but gotta be happy with 3 runs there.

Now just hold them.

Lots and lots of support at the Cliff tonight. One thing I love about radio is you get that more than the TV feed. He said Capiluto was there of course but interestingly so was Dr. Todd. Cal is somewhere down the first base line apparently. Tremendous support by the UK family for this weekend.
      Doc -
      3 pitches, 2 outs is efficient
      Doc -
      4 outs on 11 pitches is exactly what we need
      Darrell KSR -
      First batter, lines to Reks in left, seems to lose the ball but kinda dives and grabs it for out # 1.

Second batter grounds down the line, but they chose the wrong line, and the wrong day, and the wrong first baseman, as White backhands it and gobbles it up for out # 2.

Strikes out batter # 3. I think that's 11 pitches for Hjelle for 4 outs.

Top 8
      Kentucky 7
      NC State 5
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      3 pitches, 2 outs is efficient
      Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
      4 outs on 11 pitches is exactly what we need
      Just what the Doc ordered, eh?
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      Would always like more with guys on base, but gotta be happy with 3 runs there.

Now just hold them.

Lots and lots of support at the Cliff tonight. One thing I love about radio is you get that more than the TV feed. He said Capiluto was there of course but interestingly so was Dr. Todd. Cal is somewhere down the first base line apparently. Tremendous support by the UK family for this weekend.
      You gain a lot by listening to the radio for baseball, especially. Crowd noise never comes through well on TV. They have interviewed Cal on TV, and shown him a couple of times; he has nice air time, and did a great job of promoting all the UK sports. Great diplomat, great ambassador for Kentucky.
      CitizenBBN -
      You gain a lot by listening to the radio for baseball, especially. Crowd noise never comes through well on TV. They have interviewed Cal on TV, and shown him a couple of times; he has nice air time, and did a great job of promoting all the UK sports. Great diplomat, great ambassador for Kentucky.
      Thanks. Wasn't thinking about it but no surprise they'd have him on. They have him on every chance at such things b/c he's so well known and a great interview.

I hope he stays and wins enough titles to make it a real race between him and Rupp as best at UK ever, but there's no doubt he's the best ambassador as coach we've had. Rupp built the program, but he built it by winning and being a charming curmudgeon, Cal does it by being a marketing and PR machine.
      Darrell KSR -
      Heady with a lazy long fly foul down the right field side, and the right fielder does a nice job catching it short of the brick wall. Lot of good plays NC State has made; could have been more runs for sure for Kentucky.

Pompey up, checks his swing, and NC State begs the 3rd base ump for a call, he signals safe again, and irritates them again. Love it. He didn't go.

Pompey with a easy high fly to right field, not deep, and out # 2.

Evan White up, and if I'm going to make requests, I'll request a home run here to wake everybody up. This is just the right kind of spot for him to surprise everyone.
      CitizenBBN -
      Hey he got on base. Gotta count for something.
  • KSR Twitter Feed