Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v North Carolina State: Regional Championship Game Chat (SEC Network)

Game has been picked up by the SEC Network.

LHP Zach Logue, who threw 58 pitches Saturday, gets the start for Kentucky as we expected.
    Comments 258 Comments
      CitizenBBN -
      LOVING this crowd. On the score we get "Whoop, there it is!" They're as punchy as everyone else, still there at 1am on a work night.
      MickintheHam -
      Poor choice by 1 st baseman.
      Darrell KSR -
      Tyler Marshall at the plate, and please get the ball in the outfield. Preferably on the ground.

Ball low. 1-0
      Ball high. 2-0

Ball hit at the shortstop, tries to backhand it, can't make the play, it bounces into left field. Either the 3rd baseman or the shortstop could have made the play, it was close to either, and they didn't communicate or something. It's an E6, but the run scores, and it's 8-5. Runners now on the corners (Mahan had to hold up to make sure the ball got through) for Marcus Carson.

Carson with a GREAT bunt, they go home with it and cannot get Mahan, and everybody is safe, and it's 9-5 and I'm waking up everybody in my house screaming at midnight my time, 1 a.m. Lexington!
      Terminus -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      First pitch from the reliever sails way high and it's a walk, moving Becker to 2nd.

Two on, nobody out for Kole Cottam.

Almost hate to see it, but Cottam with a pretty bunt down the third base line, SAC works perfectly as he's thrown out. Gotta do that, I get it, but he has been hitting so well. (No complaints here, I would have done the same).
      Felt the same, hate that he couldn't take a rip at it, but smart baseball - Larussa 101.
      Darrell KSR -
      NC State with a RHP reliever coming in to face Heady.

The bunt by Carson should be a FC--they could have turned and nailed him at first, but it was near perfect speed to keep them from having a legitimate shot at Mahan.

Still one out, and runners on 1st and 2nd. No need to stop now, boys. Get some more.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terminus View Post
      Felt the same, hate that he couldn't take a rip at it, but smart baseball - Larussa 101.
      No doubt. Right play.
      ukpumacat -
      Alright...I've been watching for a few innings now.
      I will admit I just don't know much about college baseball so help me out:
      How many teams go to the super Regional?
      How many advance to the college World Series?
      What is the furthest UK has ever gone?
      Were we expected to be really good this year (this good)?
      Terminus -
      Way past my bedtime on the east coast, but loving it! Loving that crowd too - fun stuff! So far anyway, obligatory nod to the woofing gods
      CitizenBBN -
      Pumu - I do know UK has never won a regional, so they've never been to a super. If they win this they will do both.
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      Pumu - I do know UK has never won a regional, so they've never been to a super. If they win this they will do both.
      Awesome. And I found two of the other answers.
      16 teams to Super.
      8 to CWS.
      Darrell KSR -
      Heady with a shot at 3rd that he snags, decides to go for a 5-4-3 double play instead of the easy force (and possible 5U-3 double play), gets the runner at 2nd, but the throw gets away from the 1st baseman, and another runner rolls around to score, and it's 10-5.

Heady on 1st with two outs for Tristan Pompey.

Pompey checks his swing, and surprise, they ask for a 3rd base ruling, and for the 99th time in a row, he says no. Sounds like my early dating prowess.

Count full, fouled away. A gapper will score Heady, who is moving on the play. Another foul. Another foul. One thing the announcers haven't mentioned is Kentucky's generally good discipline at the plate, and working pitchers deep into the count, and fouling off balls that could be outs until they get a better one.

There's a grounder to short, and they make the routine play.

Bottom 9
      Kentucky 10
      NC State 5
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBBN View Post
      PS. I become PUMU when it's after midnight in KY. Ha
      Darrell KSR -
      Even with a 5-run lead, I start the inning with Hjelle. He's throwing strikes, which is key here.
      kingcat -
      My eyelids are heavy and I have to get up at 7...but this is fun.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
      When you hit CitizenBBN up after 1 a.m., and he's typing, it's usually vnssdfn;askrn2o4emov nSfaskdfjaw'gvasm
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
      Not sure if you change, but my typing and vision sure does by now.

Glad the game ran this late. by now it's pretty quiet, nice to have everyone still up and chatting this late.
      Doc -
      1 down
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      When you hit CitizenBBN up after 1 a.m., and he's typing, it's usually vnssdfn;askrn2o4emov nSfaskdfjaw'gvasm
      In fairness I usually work in something about free markets or alcohol clear enough to get the gist.

This isn't as late a night for the board as the famed Reggie Love teabagging coverage, but it's still pretty late.
      Doc -
      Generous call
      Doc -
      2 down. Hjelle mowing them down
  • KSR Twitter Feed