Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Adebayo may go higher than draft experts predict

By LARRY VAUGHT

Brandon Clifford thinks his former high school star, Bam Adebayo, will go higher in the NBA draft than some expect based on what information he’s received.

“I have spoken to quite a few (NBA) teams as they gather information. A lot of teams out there really like him,” Clifford said. “I will take their word over draft gurus any day. I know he is looking forward to playing at that next level and believes he can play well.”

Before Adebayo got to Kentucky, Clifford talked about his strength and explosiveness around the basket. He called him a “rebounding machine” and thinks Adebayo will show more of his total game in the NBA much like former Cats Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony-Towns have.

“With the type of team Kentucky had, he did his role. He listened to Cal (John Calipari) and did what he was asked to do. He can do a lot more away from the basket and off the bounce. Coach (Calipari) alluded to that several times during the season that Bam could do more but with the team he had, Bam was doing what the team needed. Bam helped put them in position to win games and did his job with no complaints.

“Now he’ll have a chance to show the other side of things in the NBA. Bam is a different kind of guy. Last year his job was to help Kentucky win basketball games. Now his job will be to be a professional basketball player."
    Comments 6 Comments
      KeithKSR -
      Adebayo said Friday his agent said he will go between sixth and sixteenth.
      DanISSELisdaman -
      He played a lot better the last couple month's of the season. I've thought that he would be a lottery pick for some time now.
      Padukacat -
      Cal teaches them the post game cause he know they can do the rest and will wow the scouts like bam is now. Spin moves and jumpers...they're all amazed cause they didn't know that, cause he's got a role here.
      dtalbersjr -
      After watching Gortat and Mahinmi do nothing last night, I can tell you one Eastern Conference contender that could absolutely use Bam. Unfortunately, they don't have a first round pick.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by dtalbersjr View Post
      After watching Gortat and Mahinmi do nothing last night, I can tell you one Eastern Conference contender that could absolutely use Bam. Unfortunately, they don't have a first round pick.
      The Wizards could have a solid team if they could get some bigs to help Beal and Wall. Those guys are carrying the whole load.
      Padukacat -
      There are just so many players in this draft that will have solid careers, but not sure any of them are sure fire all stars today. There are lots of proven guys similar to diallo who you know can shoot better, I don't think he gets a first round guarantee. Bam should look like upside in workouts so I think he's being underrated if he can prove he's got a face up game.
  • KSR Twitter Feed