Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Jarren Williams is a Cat--again, and for good this time

"I'm shutting it (recruiting) down. I know where my heart belongs," Williams tells Kentucky Sports Radio this morning.
    Comments 8 Comments
      KSRBEvans -
      "RE-YAHTZEE!"?

"UN-EEZTHAY!"?

Regardless:
      Darrell KSR -
      2nd Yahtzee is worth a bonus 100 points...
      truecatsfan -
      This kid can really help change the program here!!
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      A REALLY big time get. A Georgia kid with offers from UGA, Bama, LSU, Florida, FSU and he's back in the fold and shutting it down. A throw first and run and last resort guy who can really move when he NEEDS to. Just what I personally love and what the staff wants. They're not recruiting five wideouts a year to go three yards and a cloud of dust.

One other thing. Rowland at Rivals has an article up about how UK is getting into Michigan. Most staffs are afraid of Harbaugh but these guys aren't. Said UK has a lot of buzz up there. You have to love a staff that acts like what they're making themselves: a staff at a respectable SEC program willing to take on anyone.
      Darrell KSR -
      Stats alone don't tell the story about Williams, who had offers from pretty much every SEC school, but he threw 26 touchdowns to only 2 ints last year. ShoeSwayed has a great description of him above.

Plus, he's sort of a Pied Piper commitment. Big ad for Kentucky football. A drawing card. What wideout wouldn't want to play with him throwing?

UK recruiting class currently # 21 nationally at 247 Sports.
      CitizenBBN -
      There was buzz on this last week, heard Larry Glover interview a guy saying he was 98-99% that he was going to re-commit to UK and shut it down. Even referenced the "know where my heart is" thing. So some kudos to Larry G as well on this one.

Huge get no doubt. I won't count any football guy till the paperwork is faxed in, but still great news. As Darrell said, you can go recruit off of him quite a bit.
      Terry Blue -
      As I said in another thread, Josh Edwards said he was a silent commit for awhile, think the other is defensive. Look for Williams to be upgraded to a 4 star during June
      anderwt -
      This is big time..If UK can follow up with another 7-5/ 8-4 type record, it will allow Williams to get in other's recruits ears big time