Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky pulls the improbable; nabs top football recruit in Michigan, Marquan McCall

By: LARRY VAUGHT

No way Kentucky football could get the top-rated player in Michigan. No way.

But yet that's what happened today when four-star offensvie lineman Marquan McCall verbally committed to the Wildcats despite having offers from Michigan, Michigan State and many more.

The 6-4, 320-pound McCall of Oak Park High School is among the nation's top 125 ranked recruits

Michigan had offered McCall a scholarship in June of 2015. Coach Jim Harbaugh landed McCall's teammate, JaRaymond Hall in this year's recruiting class.

McCall attended UK's Blue-White Game in April and that got him even more interested in the Wildcats.

Here is how McCall announced his commitment on Twitter today:
    "I would like to thank God for putting me in this position. I would like to thank my support system (Grandma, Mom, coaches, mentors, teachers, teammates & friends) as well. At this time I am ready to make one of the biggest decisions of my life. I have committed to the University of Kentucky to continue my academic and athletic career. Big thanks to Coach Stoops & Clinkscale for believing in me and being honest at all times. I am proud to be a part of BBN! #TeamDGA"
    Comments 12 Comments
      VirginiaCat -
      BIG BIG GET!!!!!!!!!!
      Kacat -
      Top MI with a MI offer and top 100 status.
      Darrell KSR -
      Recruitment of this kid definitely ain't over...

7 minutes ago, his tweet...

Attachment 6307
      suncat05 -
      Hope we can keep this kid in the fold....this is exactly what we need, big, strong kids with good size & athleticism(spelling?). This is a good catch if we can keep him.
      ukpumacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Recruitment of this kid definitely ain't over...

7 minutes ago, his tweet...

Attachment 6307
      Wait, he committed to UK and then tweeted about an offer from Oregon? Football recruiting is so weird.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
      Wait, he committed to UK and then tweeted about an offer from Oregon? Football recruiting is so weird.
      Isn't it, though?
      CatQuick -
      To me it's why I can't get too excited about recruiting this time of year. I mean what does committing to a school really mean. "I like you"
      dan_bgblue -
      When do ya'll think Bama will offer him a ride?
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by ukpumacat View Post
      "Full of crap" may be the expression I'd use.

It's just meaningless when kids "commit". It just means the other teams are going to try harder.
      elicat -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      When do ya'll think Bama will offer him a ride?
      Exactly what I thought when I saw this earlier today. The answer, of course, is "About 30 seconds before he switches his commitment to Alabama." These kids always wake up and smell the coffee.
      elicat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Isn't it, though?
      I just realized, Darrell: It's like publishing an article in a law review instead of a regular journal. The first journal to commit is just the first loser. All you're going to do with that is use it to try to entice a journal a little higher on the food chain. When one there offers, you troll the journals at the next level..., etc. It's bizarre. But having done it to advantage, I get where the kid is coming from now.
      Terry Blue -
      The vast majority of commitments end up signing with UK. Most years you might lose 2 or 3. There are exceptions
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post