Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• The Jarren Williams Recruitment

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Rivals.com recruiting analyst Justin Rowland believes that three-star Georgia quarterback Jarren Williams is underrated.

He was the first verbal commit in Kentucky's 2018 recruiting class about a year ago but recently de-committed from UK after getting an offer from Alabama. He got a scholarship offer from in-state Georgia -- the Bulldogs had already offered 12 out of state quarterbacks -- earlier this week.

Yet not long after calling off his commitment to UK, Williams indicated that UK was still at the top of his list despite offers from South Carolina, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, LSU, Florida and Tennessee along with interest from many other schools.

"Believe that Jarren Williams' decision will be more consequential for UK football than any one recruit's decision since Tim Couch," Rowland posted on Twitter Thursday.

Rowland also said that Pennsylvania quarterback Kevin Doyle would be more than a "consolation prize" for UK after the Cats started pursuing him after Williams' decommitment. Doyle was slated to visit UK this weekend, but apparently now that will not happen.

Anthony Wiliams, Jarren's father, told Jeff Sentell of DawgNation.com that his son grew up watching Georgia football and that Jarren's aunt is a Georgia graduate.

"But honestly, he does not have a relationship with them at this point and I am not sure what they can do," Anthony Williams told Sentell.

Kentucky quarterback coach Darrin Hinshaw and recruiting coordinator Vince Marrow were scheduled to visit Williams Thursday.

"The longer this drags on, the worse I feel for Kentucky," Rowland said
    Comments 3 Comments
      CatQuick -
      I trust JRow's opinion in most cases, but my concern is that he re-commits and then changes his mind again too far down the road for UK to get a "consolation prize" at Doyle's caliber.
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Rowland said this morning that he feels more confident in UK getting Williams than at any point, even when he was officially committed. I love that they're not giving in or giving up and taking a lesser player but sticking to the potentially great one. If UK has the kind of year they expect to have guys like Doyle will still be hoping for a UK offer in December. But if they have that kind of year then guys like Williams will stay with us anyway.
      Terry Blue -
      Matt Jones maybe reading what Rowland is saying but he thinks Williams will recommit in a few days
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post