Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky v South Carolina: Game 3, Rubber Game of the Series

Would be a big win for Kentucky if we can pull it off. South Carolina is battling to stay in the race. At 10-10, they are three games behind Kentucky, but a win in the series would put them in reach.

Justin Lewis will be on the mound for Kentucky; has been clutch this season for the Cats. Will need a good outing from him. Logue yesterday did not last three innings against South Carolina, and the Cats' mighty offense was held in check, with only two hits on the day.

South Carolina's starter, who was TBA, is going to be John Parke, who has a lofty (not in a good way) ERA of 5.91 on the season. Don't let that fool you. He's a 6-3, 215 Junior southpaw who had a perfect 0.00 ERA last year in 11 relief appearances, going 2-0 in 9.1 innings, allowing only 5 hits, with an opponent batting average of .152. The bugaboo for him was control, as he walked 10 to match his strikeouts. I haven't checked his stats this year, but if Kentucky can maintain their discipline at the plate, and he has the same bugaboo, it could be a good matchup for UK.
    Comments 13 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Reks to lead it off for Kentucky.

There's a base hit. This closer hasn't fooled the Cats at all. The South Carolina skipper agrees, and takes him out.

Will be back after the pitching change.
      Darrell KSR -
      ...and we're back. New pitcher is Colie Bowers, with a sporty 1.48 ERA in 16 appearaches, with 3 saves. Has fanned 28 in 24.1 innings with 9 walks, and opponents batting .145 against him.

Reks takes off and is caught stealing. Not a bad place to try it, up 3 runs in the top of the 9th. Gotta love that if you're Bowers, you're already credit with 0.1 of an inning.

One down, nobody on. Luke Becker up, and Cats just don't stop coming. Takes two balls, a strike, a foul, and two more balls, and it's a walk and a man on again.

Will bring up Riley Mahan.

Takes a pitch, then another, and it's 2-0.

KA-BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Home run Riley Mahan, and it's 9-4 Wildcats. Oh boy, ya gotta love it.
      Darrell KSR -
      Cats have really hurt some Gamecock ERAs this weekend. Bowers balloons immediately to 2.16 with that blast.

Tyler Johnson's exploded to 3.77.
      Darrell KSR -
      Cats have scored 5 runs in the 8th and 9th innings against the best SC relievers they have, in a game that was tied entering the 8th.

Squires flies out, and Marshall lines out, and the inning is over.

Bottom 9, Cats need 3 outs
      Kentucky 9
      South Carolina 4
      Darrell KSR -
      Gamecocks will bat # 7-8-9 this inning.

Salow trying to close it out. Facing Grosvenor, and he strikes out swinging for Salow's 9th strikeout in 4 innings. Out # 1.

There's a fly ball to LCF reeled in for out # 2.

STRIKE 3, SALOW'S 10TH STRIKEOUT in 4.2 innings of relief.

AND THAT'S A WINNER. Cats take the series, 2-1 from South Carolina, remain in 1st place in the SEC East.
      catmanjack -
      If possible are the SEC standings updated.
      Would like to see where the cats stand overall.
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by catmanjack View Post
      If possible are the SEC standings updated.
      Would like to see where the cats stand overall.
      Funny, I was working on that while you were posting. I should lie and say "your wish is my command," but we were just thinking alike. Great minds, you know?

Here's the thread:

http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums...East-1st-place

Bottom line--Kentucky 14-7, Florida 13-8 in SEC East. SEC West is Auburn and Miss. State 14-7, with Ark/LSU at 13-8, TAM trying to join them currently 12-8.
      catmanjack -
      Thanks! Now this is fun!
      dan_bgblue -
      I could not be around for today's game and did not even get to occasionally check the scores. Terrific job as always of bringing the action to the board Darrell. I really enjoyed the read.

This team of Cats is made of some special stuff. They never quit battling, remain disciplined at the plate, and find a way to got it done. A really, really big win for them tody
      kingcat -
      thanks guys. GO CATS!
      Kacat -
      Really cool seeing fans getting behind this program. Great energy with this group.
      jazyd -
      Change of head coach made huge difference and thankfully teams like Vandy and USC are not up to usual standards. SEC isn't as strong as usual IMO. Cats have real ability to earn #1 seed and national seed
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      I could not be around for today's game and did not even get to occasionally check the scores. Terrific job as always of bringing the action to the board Darrell. I really enjoyed the read.

This team of Cats is made of some special stuff. They never quit battling, remain disciplined at the plate, and find a way to got it done. A really, really big win for them tody
      My pleasure, Dan. I haven't seen them play as much as I have wanted, but when I have had the chance I have really enjoyed it. Today was a lot of fun.
  • KSR Twitter Feed