Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Dortch: Kentucky has chance to make deep run

By LARRY VAUGHT

Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook editor Chris Dortch thought going into the season that Kentucky would be a national championship contender.

He was in Nashville last week to watch Kentucky win the Southeastern Conference Tournament championship.

So what does he think about UK going into the start of NCAA play?

"I thought Cal would have more confidence in his frontcourt reserves and play them more, but other than that, this team is about where I would have expected it," Dortch said. "Everybody got bent out of shape when the Cats lost a couple conference games, but 16-2 in the regular season is pretty impressive. The SEC tournament was a good experience too, as a momentum builder."

Dortch also writes for www.nba.com and has been working on a story on Kentucky center Bam Adebayo, a player he feels is underrated nationally.

"I was surprised it took as long as it did for the Cats to make sure Adebayo got a consistent number of post touches game in and game out. He's really a weapon," Dortch said.

Could Kentucky make a deep NCAA run?

"Luck is always a big part of a deep NCAA run. You have to have good fortune not to suffer any key injuries. Calls have to go your way. The ball needs to bounce the right way," Dortch said.

"But I think if the Cats continue to play defense that disconcerts and disrupts what their opponents are trying to do, they'll have a chance to play deep into the tournament."
    Comments 4 Comments
      Catfan73 -
      Wasn't there a Chris Dortch that played football at UK years ago?
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      Wasn't there a Chris Dortch that played football at UK years ago?
      Not sure. I know a number of Douche family members have played for UL over the years.
      catmanjack -
      You might be thinking of the Florida WR that played during the 90's, caught a game winning TD in commonwealth.
      Catfan73 -
      No, that was Chris Doering. My memory hasn't gotten THAT bad. Yet.

Just found a Jay Dortch that played on the defensive line at UK in the mid 80's.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post