Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Cal Technical Foul not intentional

By LARRY VAUGHT

Early in the second half Vanderbilt center Luke Kornet appeared to hit Kentucky's Isaiah Briscoe in the face with an elbow with no foul being called. Instead, a foul was called on UK and coach John Calipari certainly disagreed.

He was hit with a technical foul and Kornet hit both free throws to push the Vandy lead to 45-33 with 15:18 to play. However, UK stormed back to win 73-67.

Was Calipari trying to turn the game around with the technical?

"That was the intent of it," Calipari said sarcastically after the game. "I thought he got smacked in the face. That's why I did it. You know, you've got to protect your guys.

"If their offensive push offs and they're -- you know, you've got to stand up for your guys at times. I thought he got hit in the head, that's why I said go look at it on the monitor.
"

Kentucky fans booed Kornet when he shot the free throws. But Kornet said there was no intent on his part to hit Briscoe.

“He came up on me and I really just tried to move the ball to the other side. I don’t throw elbows, that isn’t something I was trying to do," Kornet said. "It just happened and I wasn’t trying to do anything intentionally but I understand it can look that way.

"I was just trying to move the ball to the other side and drive and if I caught him it wasn’t anything intentional, it happens."
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post