Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Mulder grows up, learns how to succeed under Calipari

By LARRY VAUGHT

Mychal Mulder said he knew who he was as a basketball player when he came to Kentucky for his final two years of eligibility after two years of playing junior college basketball.

"As a young adult I was still growing, still continuing to grow. But being able to play under coach Cal and in his system, it really teaches you a lot – not just about basketball but about life," said Mulder Monday. "He’s setting you up to succeed in more areas than just basketball. He’s setting you up to be able to work under pressure, to be able to follow instruction, to be able to know who you are, so there is just a ton of life lessons that I have learned.”

Mulder will play in his final game in Rupp Arena tonight when Kentucky hosts Vanderbilt. He got his first start Saturday against Florida and will start again tonight along with seniors Derek Willis and Dominique Hawkins against Vanderbilt.

“It means a lot. Just to be able to play in this position, it was always a dream of mine to play at this level. Knowing that this is our last home game, I’m going to let it all sink in and suit up one more time with these guys," Mulder said about Senior Night. "As of right now, Tuesday night is another chance to get a victory on our home court. One more of those under my belt, and that is what I am really focused on.”

Mulder says he has a "ton" of memories from his two years at UK from the wins to the lifetime friends he has made.

"Last year we won the SEC, playing in March Madness, those things stand out to me, so just all of it really. If you think about it, there are so many moments that I could go back to for things that I will remember for the rest of my life," Mulder said.

"It meant a lot to me," he said. “It’s a great feeling to be as confident as ever, as comfortable as ever. There is no better time than now to be comfortable now, so I’m glad I feel this way at this point in the season.

"I have learned a lot about myself as a man and as a basketball player. I have learned what it takes to win, what it takes to win at a high level. Just what the opportunity really is. Growing up you are always wanting to play in a place like this and play for a coach like this and have great teammates like I have been fortunate enough to have. So there is a whole lot of learning that has taken place over the last two years, and I don’t think I will forget any of them.”
    Comments 1 Comment
      kingcat -
      We are spoiled to the AA level of play and sometimes overlook the backbone of a successful program. I'm very proud of our three seniors and what they bring both to the court and to the U.K. Basketball Program.
      Kudos to our upperclassmen.
      What we are is a big part of who they are as young men Go Cats!
  • KSR Twitter Feed