Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Fox "did a little thing" at practice Thursday

By LARRY VAUGHT

Malik Monk confirmed that point guard De'Aaron Fox "did a little thing" during practice Thursday but that's all he would say.

Fox's status for Saturday afternoon's showdown with Florida has been in doubt since he apparently banged his knee in a collision with teammate Isaac Humphries during Tuesday's win over Missouri.

“He didn’t practice yesterday. He did a little bit of stuff and I haven’t been in there to see. But I would guess that he’ll be a game-time decision," Kentucky coach John Calipari said Friday.

Calipari said he wasn't exactly sure how Fox hurt his kneed but confirmed it was not "sprained or anything." The coach said it was a bruise.

Who plays the point if Fox cannot go?

“I don’t know. We’ll have to figure that one out. What do you think?” Calipari asked a media member who posed the question.

The media member suggested senior Dominique Hawkins.

“That’s not a bad idea," Calipari agreed.
    Comments 16 Comments
      Carolinawildcats -
      Interesting comments..........more encryption.

Peace

Richard (CW)
      Krank -
      We'll be starting DeAarmonique Fawxkins.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
      We'll be starting DeAarmonique Fawxkins.
      Nice
      KeithKSR -
      Most players play through a knee bruise. Fox is overly concerned about injuries.
      Carolinawildcats -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      Most players play through a knee bruise. Fox is overly concerned about injuries.
      Completely agree with this Keith!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)
      UKHistory -
      Fox has been hurt going back South Carolina. Is it possible that the initial injury is lingering and if Sotheby's new is compounding the situation?

I get that a lot more than a guy who doesn't rebound save for one game Ackbar no like today doesn't matter.
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by KeithKSR View Post
      Maybe they're going with the knee bruise story. When Fox fell and his knee bent backwards it looked pretty bad. The collision with Humphries on the base line was likely where the knee bruise came from which he did continue to play through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      anderwt -
      Are we starting to think fox is protecting his draft stock?
      kybobcat -
      I'm starting to think Fox has played his last game for Kentucky.
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Fox won't play today.
      Carolinawildcats -
      He is not a top 15 pick right now. Not with the crop of Euro talent that will be in the draft this year. He better get in the gym/games and reprove himself.

Peace

Richard (CW)
      kingcat -
      is that "little thing" even injury related? I cant help but wonder.
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by UKHistory View Post
      Fox has been hurt going back South Carolina. Is it possible that the initial injury is lingering and if Sotheby's new is compounding the situation?

I get that a lot more than a guy who doesn't rebound save for one game Ackbar no like today doesn't matter.
      The speed had returned, but the aggressiveness hasn't been there. Before rolling the ankle Fox would try to dunk on defenders near the rim if he could, now he seeks to avoid contact.
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by anderwt View Post
      Are we starting to think fox is protecting his draft stock?
      I think he is.
      Darrell KSR -
      Playing less than 100% effort can't help his draft stock, can it?
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by kybobcat View Post
      I'm starting to think Fox has played his last game for Kentucky.
      Rex thinks he plays today.
  • KSR Twitter Feed