Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Illness running through Kentucky

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky coach John Calipari told ESPN Friday that it would be a game-time decision on whether freshman point guard De'Aaron Fox plays at Florida Saturday night.

Fox missed UK's overtime win over Georgia Tuesday because of the flu.

Senior Mychal Mulder has been out for over two weeks with an undisclosed illness.

Assistant coach Joel Justus did not offer any real clues about whether either would play at Florida during Friday's media opportunity.

“We’re going through practice today. We’ll see where everybody is. Regardless of who plays, as you know, we’ll put our best team out there," Justus said before indicating that he did not know if the two players would practice.

Freshman Sacha Killeya-Jones also missed Tuesday's game with the same illness.

"We’ve had guys out. We’ve had guys out of practice. I mean, it’s a college basketball season and those things happen," Justus said. "You just look across the country at teams that are losing good players for the season or losing guys for games. It’s a bit of a thing of attrition.

"For us – I think in the big picture we’ve been generally lucky when you talk about some of the guys other teams have lost.”

Because of the illness, Kentucky has taken precautions to try and keep other players from getting sick.

"Even away from the gym, I have friends that are getting sick and stuff so it’s just one of those things that’s going around. But we had the lodge sanitized, the stuff around here has been cleaned. Just taking that extra precaution I guess," Tai Wynyard said.

“It’s just kind of annoying at times, having cleaners in your room and all that kind of stuff. It’s just a bit different, having them all around, but it’s all good. You gotta do what you gotta do and you just gotta get through it," Derek Willis said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post