Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Game is Arkansas v Kentucky, not Arkansas v Monk

By: LARRY VAUGHT

No way Arkansas coach Mike Anderson is surprised by what Kentucky freshman Malik Monk — Arkansas’ Mr. Basketball last year and a player Anderson recruited for years — has done this season.

He’s averaging 22.6 points per game and has been in double figures every game this year.

“I’ve known Malik since he was in eighth-grade. I was disappointed we didn’t get him here, but that was his decision. He’s a great, great kid and we all knew he was going to be a great player,” Anderson said during a press conference Thursday to talk about playing at UK Saturday night.

“What he’s doing now, it isn’t disappointing, because we all knew it was coming. He can score and score in multiple ways.”

Monk obviously knows most of the Arkansas players and Anderson expects him to be extra motivated for Saturday night’s game.

“I’m sure he’s going to be charged up to play and get his guys to play. There will be a lot of emotion involved in it,” Anderson said.

Kentucky coach John Calipari has always stressed that players should not get overly excited when going back to a home state to play or facing a home-state team anywhere. Anderson has the same approach.

“This game is not about Monk versus the Arkansas kids and all that, it’s Arkansas versus Kentucky,” Anderson said.
    Comments 1 Comment
      Darrell KSR -
      My apologies; missed this pregame story from Larry. Consistent with Mike Anderson's comments after the game, aren't they?
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post