Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• North Carolina, Louisville to provide tests for Kentucky

By LARRY VAUGHT

After beating Hofstra 96-73 Sunday, Kentucky is now 9-1 with games against North Carolina in Las Vegas and at Louisville next.

That could help determine where UK, which shot 51 percent from the field Sunday, might be as far as contending for a national championship in March.

“That’s a long way from now. Like you said, we’re still in the beginning of the season. Guys are still getting better," UK sophomore Isaiah Briscoe, who had 19 points and six assists Sunday, said after the game.

"We’re still jelling as a team and we just focus on getting better every day collectively as a team. When March comes around, we’ll focus on March. But right now we’re focused on the next game and just getting better.”

Okay. So what will it be like facing North Carolina and then Louisville?

“I was focused on playing Hofstra," Briscoe said.

Maybe freshman Malik Monk, who had 20 points and four assists, would answer.

“We never focus on the next game. We just got to focus on this one first before we play them," Monk said.

Kentucky coach John Calipari certainly agrees. He found plenty of reason to still fret after the Hofstra victory.

"We have a long way to go. We still have some players (who) aren’t playing with the confidence they have to play with. I’m not sure what it is about them. I did tell them this: I am so happy because Wednesday will be our last final (exams). I don’t have to worry about anything academically. Nothing. We’ll go 29 straight days four-a-days. Got nothing to worry about except basketball," Calipari said.

"Right now, we gotta get through Wednesday. They’re off tomorrow, get through these finals. But we have a lot of work to do. Literally, I tried to play two bigs to see what it looked like and I just wasn’t happy with it. We went to four guards and Dom (Hawkins) fouled right away. I wanted to see what that looked like. We just have a ways to go. Just got a ways to go.”--
    Comments 8 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Literally, I tried to play two bigs to see what it looked like and I just wasn’t happy with it.
      Would like to know more about why he was not happy
      suncat05 -
      Berry will most certainly be back for UNCheat. I just don't see this young Kentucky team beating them. I think we lose that game by 10-15.
      We should beat U of L, but I'm not convinced that we will.
      There is just something about this team that isn't right, but I can't put my finger on it.
      blueboss -
      Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
      Berry will most certainly be back for UNCheat. I just don't see this young Kentucky team beating them. I think we lose that game by 10-15.
      We should beat U of L, but I'm not convinced that we will.
      There is just something about this team that isn't right, but I can't put my finger on it.
      Cal likes his guys to play lose and have fun, but sometimes it appears they may not be taking their opponents serious enough. They seem to maybe not have the "crush the life" out them attitude. In the case with UCLA in the first half when we went up by 10 it was like they like they thought they were done and could lighten up. Once the momentum swung in the Bruins favor our guys couldn't swing it back.

After the loss I thought we'd see more of "value every possession" attitude and they'd play more to win. They can get away with that type of play when playing these smaller opponents, too twenty teams will be far less forgiving.

I hope Cal can get through to them this week otherwise UNC will gut them. UL is going to be tough for the youngsters playing at the bucket... they have no idea what they're in for walking in to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      kingcat -
      I think we'll see a different Wildcat team against UNC.

They will run with us...but they don't shoot like UCLA did. I expect a surprising line up change for UK
      BigBluePappy -
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
      I think we'll see a different Wildcat team against UNC.

They will run with us...but they don't shoot like UCLA did. I expect a surprising line up change for UK
      Oh Hell, Five Guards?
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by BigBluePappy View Post
      Oh Hell, Five Guards?
      Brad needs more shots
      Hoss -
      We'll definitely know more, after Camp Cal and this stretch of games...Looking forward to it!
      KSRBEvans -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      Would like to know more about why he was not happy
      My WAG is he didn't like the perimeter D. They gave up several open looks at 3--Hofstra just didn't hit them. I wasn't checking who was in at the time, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it had the "big" lineup at that time. They have to find a way to defend shooters while still doing better on the defensive boards.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post