Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Calipari Describes His Pre-and-Post Game Moods

By: LONNY DEMAREE

Calipari said he is still learning and figuring his team out. In the process he is jockeying with his mental psyche while the team is mentally and physically evolving. The coach described a litany of moods he experiences after and most importantly after a loss.
    The star player Alec Peters 25 per-game for Valparaiso University and how do they propose to low him down.

• In reference to the last game Cal said – “It’s hard for all of us,” John Calipari said. “We get so accustomed to thinking we can beat everybody.

• In reference as to how do you stop him,” Cal said - “you go to church and light candles…” He has never fouled out of a game (120-games).

• Of the lost to UCLA Cal said it is a process. “For twenty-four hours I mourn,” the coach described of another of his moods. And then I’m good. On to the next game it’s Valpo who has three senior and two juniors.

• Why did we schedule this game? “I have no idea,” said a chagrined Calipari.

• “I got away from a lot of stuff because these guys are better than I thought they were,” Cal explained about going back to the basics. “No we’re not.”

• Cal dismissed the idea that that home court loss hurt them in the seeding at the end of the year.

• Cal for the twenty-four hours he mourns he goes to his chair (at home). “I’ll grieve for twenty-four hours,” Cal said. “I’ll be sick for 24-hours. I get like you, we should win every game – we should go 82-0. Then I wake up. What am I thinking? Let’s get back to work and get better.”

• Cal was asked when he grieves, what he does? “I’ll sit in my chair and tell everybody to leave me alone,” I’ll watch a little TV – watch a war story or watch one of my Alaska shows. Get inspired. I let the dogs around me – no one else. Dogs can sit with me.”

• He said he lets it go for twenty-four. “There’s two things you know when it’s time to get out of this. When you can’t enjoy winning and losing just become the next thing. I don’t care how you win, whether it’s a bank shot, you had better enjoy it.”

Calipari, Isaac Humphries, and Wenyen Gabriel all said they are back to the future in the fundamentals of how they play the game and way they approach defense.
    Comments 1 Comment
      Darrell KSR -
      Thanks, Lonny.
  • KSR Twitter Feed