Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• UCLA vs UK Game thread!!!!

BLUE!!!!!!!

Let's go CATS!!!!

Peace

Richard (CW)
    Comments 207 Comments
      kingcat -
      Oh I know there are things that can be learned from a loss Dan. Two or three more early season losses would provide even more teaching moments

Fact is, we had the number one team (over rated a bit) and a forty one game winning streak in Rupp Arena. I have no major problem with losses. It seems some can't understand that, to me annd in light of its historical significance, this is the biggest regular season loss in UK's history.

I have wanted UCLA in Rupp as well as Memorial since I was a teenager. Complaining that they never had to leave the coast while racking up the record in national championships. Then a terrible loss to them last season now followed by them coming into Rupp's house and stealing our tennis shoes is just embarrassing to this fan.
      And I have heard the arguments for UCLA having the number one program of all time (as recent as this season by Bilas) over and over. So to me, this is a bigger loss than one to U of L or anyone else in the nation would have been.

And right now I can see nothing good in it, except possibly that we were exposed in several areas that can maybe be camouflaged or compensated for over the course of the season. I'd prefer they didn't exist however.

The fact that no team has scored as much on a Calipari coached UK team before is cause for concern. That, I believe has indisputable merit.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by KSRBEvans View Post
      2pt FG% D national ranking, Cal Era:

2010: 6
      2011: 8
      2012: 1
      2013: 8
      2014: 49
      2015: 2
      2016: 11
      2017 (to date): 147
      That is a sobering stat. If they are not a lot better in the ranking by years end they will need to be thinking about the NIT
      Padukacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by dan_bgblue View Post
      That is a sobering stat. If they are not a lot better in the ranking by years end they will need to be thinking about the NIT
      I'd put that mainly on three players: willis, Humphries and adebayo who are offering zero resistance without fouling
      Carolinawildcats -
      This loss will help this young group no doubt....hate losing to UCLA and hate losing at home. My only concern is where do we get inside support. It will be a challenge for Cal, but Willis is a MUST in that equation!!! Please just beat UNC and UofL

Peace

Richard (CW)
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
      I'd put that mainly on three players: willis, Humphries and adebayo who are offering zero resistance without fouling
      Don't overlook that cal asks those guys to defend guards as a matter of strategy, and most of those baskets are given up as they are trying to defend guards driving on them, not bigs posting them up.

They need to rebound better, etc., but I also wonder if our defense just isn't suited to our roster. Switching everything worked fine with WCS and Lee, but these aren't those players.

That's not all of it, we just need to defend better and battle harder, etc., but I'd like to have time to watch tape to see what we could do against drives to do better.

I'm sure it will improve a lot as well as they just learn and play together a while and Cal works on it.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Padukacat View Post
      Oh, and add Wenyen to that list. He's got a lot of promise but he's getting beat as much as any other big.
      BigBluePappy -
      I had to work today, what did I miss?

J/K - Not about having to work, just watched the DVR of the game prior to looking at this board and we do have some work, it is early in the season, I hate losing to UCLA any time any where in any thing but like king, historically this was huge.

That being said, we do have Camp Cal coming up and if Coach likes his team and their chances, well then I gotta trust his opinion a little more than mine.

By the way, if they called every offensive foul that UCLA committed, the game would still be underway and Coach Alford would have to suit up his wife to finish the game and will someone please explain to Isaiah where the baseline is...
  • KSR Twitter Feed