Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Can Stoops Troops Derail the Jackson Train at Papa John

By: LONNY DEMAREE

There is doubt in the air everywhere but over the practice facility and practice field looking out on Alumni Drive on the southeast side of town. When given the recipe of how to pull it off on Saturday the “Yeahbut's” are alive and well. They live in the museum of history which is a safe haven to reside for the nattering-nabobs. Most of which, they don't have to do any personal thinking or research. “They are strong at every position with no weaknesses,” Stoops said. “They will be a strong challenge. They are strong across the board.

“What I admire most about Lamar Jackson is you can see his leadership and you can see his toughness.” Stoops opined. “It helps that when things break down to have a Lamar Jackson.”

Much of the BBN are holding back their enthusiasm because to them it's hard to let go on the Stoops Troops because of the sorrow hangs over the heads of them when five consecutive years of Cardinal feathers are hovering over the the Bluegrass. There are actually fans that would trade a couple of 2016 wins for a win over their only true rival.

The recipe goes something like this. The Wildcats have for the first time in history twin one thousand yard backs in the same year, Stanley “Boom” Williams and Benny Snell. Eddie Gran has previously experienced having the same situation while coaching at Auburn University, Carnell Lamar “Cadillac” Williams and Ronnie Brown both of whom played in the NFL. So it is obvious he knows how to coach and utilize running backs. One of the major keys to a Wildcat victory is to perhaps not stop the U of L quarterback Lamar Jackson but to slow him down. For the Cats to accomplish that feat they must play keep-away from the dynamic game changer.

So the other part of that recipe is for the Cats to run the football which they have shown they can do against most anybody. So run, run, and more run and kill the clock which is how Duke University did and nearly created something magical.

The last part of that recipe is to strategically mix in play action and let Stephen Johnson throw the deep post which he is most adept in.

Benny Snell is a phenom that in his case he defied all the ranking services and saved the best for the Wildcats. Coming out of high school he had seventy-three running backs ranked ahead of him. His most most prestigious offers coming out of high school were the University of Iowa and the University of Cincinnati. The NFL is full of those type of misses by universities. Snell is arguably the best freshman running back in the country. Stoops said Snell is a solid guy, a discipline guy, a strong guy, and a fast learner. He said he knew Snell would be good but not this quickly.

Stoops said he put this rivalry right up there with the rest of them he's been involved in.

So can the cats execute the recipe laid out in the aforementioned lines. Just keep the ball out of the hands of the dynamic Lamar Jackson.
    Comments 11 Comments
      Carolinawildcats -
      That score may get ugly quick. Sure wish they had beat Houston!

Peace

Richard (CW)
      Terry Blue -
      We,ll beat them like the red headed step child they are
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Carolinawildcats View Post
      That score may get ugly quick. Sure wish they had beat Houston!

Peace

Richard (CW)
      Ouch.

Not in a million years.
      truecatsfan -
      We had a chance to win the last two years, so we will see if the out come is different this year.
      Catfan73 -
      Getting whupped the way the did at Houston will put a little doubt in their minds and dent their self confidence and morale.
      Hoss -
      Hopefully they think their season ended last weekend.
      LonnyDemaree -
      Have no fear of the Houston results. I'm by no means predicting a Kentucky win. However, I don't subscribe to the age old theory that a team is angry after a loss. Having played the game, every time you lose it put a chink in your confidence-armor. And if you come and get behind early you start to question yourself, am as good as I thought I was???
      LonnyDemaree -
      Anyway we can't be concerned about their mental state. If they don't show up that's on them.
      dan_bgblue -
      They were on a high for so long thinking about being in the final four and a spot in the championship series. Their season is over in that respect and all their dreams went down the tubes. I think they play this game for pride only, and that will likely not be enough
      CatQuick -
      Rivalry games are often a wild card in terms of scoring. I don't think Vegas has factored that in. The Cards have the talent, but if we play as physical as we did at Bama then I think the score stays closer than most think. I have no answer for our defense in the first quarter with AP. If that team shows up then Louisville scores 100. However, if we can run the ball and control the clock, we're still in it in the fourth quarter.
      Terry Blue -
      Jackson is a game changer. Without him we have as good or better talent than they do. Problem is their weskest unit, OL, goes against our weakest. DL If we can just halfway contain him we can win, but that,s a big if. I think we can run on anybody and with Stoops bragging on Drake Jackson we,ll be as good or better running next year
  • KSR Twitter Feed