Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Practice Notes 11/22/16

BY: LONNY DEMAREE

* Eddie Gran said Stephen Johnson looked real good in today's practice; sharp; and moving around well.

* Gran said the team had a really good practice, they were moving around well. He said you don't win on Saturday without being really energetic, focused and focused on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On the other hand you can't be to jacked up on game day.

* Gran on Boom Williams: Stoops said they are going to lean heavily on Boom Williams Saturday, what is the reason and is it something they see in the U of L defense that could exploit? Gran said - "Boom had less carries last week, I think he's fresh. You play a fast defense you want fast guys.

* Louisville is fourth in the Country in run defense but they (UK) have faced outstanding run defenses all Year.

* Lamar Thomas said it's a rivalry and it's a big game for us. "It will be a little emotional - like my first game in the ACC was against Miami (the coach alluding leaving U of L and now playing against them - akin to playing at Miami and coaching against them)."

* He said he was at Louisville and hopefully he learned something.

* Thomas recruited Lamar Jackson. Asked did he envisioned what Jackson is accomplishing now? "Oh yes," he said. We had a long talk about what he could be."

* Aside from his freakish athleticism what makes Jackson so good? Thomas said - "He wants to be great. Just hard work and what he's put into it. He's just one of those kids that's a competitor."

* Darin Hinshaw said Johnson's toughness has been pretty exciting all season. "A lot of guys that I've coached in the past would've said no I'm not going to keep going. He's said no I'm going to do it for the team. I just thank him everyday for doing that."

* Could you tell from the get go he had that toughness? Hinshaw said they talked to Doug Williams and all of his coaches out there in California and they all said the same thing. "We watched his film in juco and he was tough getting the ball in the end zone both running and throwing it. But to go and play in the SEC is a bit different." The coach said Johnson on occasion has settle him down. The kid's poise is a big plus for the rest of the players on offense.

* Offensive guard Nick Haynes said this game is about more of a confidence than a looseness. He said they go in this already with their sixth win and even if they were to lose knowing that they have another game. "We run the ball a lot and were are excited to go against Louisville's defense," Haynes said. "It's more of a measuring stick for us."

* Johnson said his leg feels good. "You take the same approach every game," Johnson said. "We prepare the same way we did against Alabama who has a really fast defense."

* Johnson said he and coach Hinshaw have a great relationship. "I try to be as honest as I can with him because I am honest as I can with myself," A cool Johnson said. "I'm my own biggest critique. Anything I tell myself I tell him. When I do something wrong he knows and I am just letting the coach know that I know what I did wrong."

* Hinshaw said he is still working on Johnson's release point to keep some of his balls from sailing.
    Comments 1 Comment
      dan_bgblue -
      Lots of good stuff in there Lonny. Thanks very much

* Hinshaw said he is still working on Johnson's release point to keep some of his balls from sailing.
      I am confident Coach can help him fix that before next season starts
  • KSR Twitter Feed