Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Don't press the panic button for Bam Adebayo

By LARRY VAUGHT

Three games into the season, Kentucky freshman center Bam Adebayo has seen his playing time limited by foul trouble.

However, Kentucky assistant coach Kenny Payne said there is one reason not to panic.

“The good thing is that the fouls aren’t happening on the defensive end. They’re all happening on the offensive end. Now, the adjustment for him is to just catch the ball. If you just catch the ball, you’re going to be a problem to guard, so just catch it," Payne said Friday.

"You’ve done a good job of fighting for position. You don’t have to get the ball right under the basket. Just catch it and make it a strong move.”

So what is Adebayo doing wrong on the offensive end?

“Two things. I would rather him show his hands with a bent elbow as opposed to an extended elbow. That’s first," Payne said. "The second thing is, once you get to a certain spot on the floor and you beat the defensive guy to that spot, there’s no need to keep pushing him all the way under the basket. He’s literally trying to push them all the way under the basket.”

He also was called for a charge against Michigan State when point guard De'Aaron Fox threw a pass to him that coach John Calipari did not like at all.

"Bam caught it in a position where De’Aaron should’ve seen where the defender was, so it was hard for him to make a play," Payne said. "It wasn’t Bam’s fault, it was just you have to know where you are on the floor and know to not make that play.”
    Comments 8 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      The bigs at UK have been very fortunate to have Coach Payne working with them. I do not think there is a better big man coach in the country.
      KSRBEvans -
      The good news for Bam: he's drawing 9.8 fouls/40 minutes, which is 29th best in the country. If (when) he figures out how to stay on the floor, he's going to be going to the line a lot.
      Hoss -
      If ANYONE is panicking about Bam right now...then those people need to take up watching another sport. He's not only going to be fine, he's going to be AWESOME!!!
      catmanjack -
      Hoss your talking about UK fans!
      KeithKSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
      If ANYONE is panicking about Bam right now...then those people need to take up watching another sport. He's not only going to be fine, he's going to be AWESOME!!!
      I'm with you.
      CGWildcat -
      How intricate and specific is this line......Our coaches do not miss much!

"show his hands with a bent elbow as opposed to an extended elbow"
      Padukacat -
      I don't think anyone is really worried about bam, he's a physical specimen and a freshman, both obvious.
      Doc -
      He had a super solid game last night vs Duquesne. That is what we should expect on a regular basis
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post