Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Kentucky expecting the best from Georgia

By LARRY VAUGHT

The perception is that Georgia's offense is struggling. But that's not what Kentucky defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot sees as he prepares for Saturday night's game.

"They’re very multiple, so that’s what makes it difficult for them. They have a power-run game but yet they can still spread it out and throw the ball around then execute a spread-run game. So I think what’s difficult preparing for Georgia is that they’re so multiple in their attack and you’ve got to be ready for everything," Eliot said Wednesday.

Freshman quarterback Jacob Eason has had a big part in the offense while running back Nick Chubb, expected to be Georgia's best offensive player, has not had as many touches this season.

"I don’t know if there’s any one area that you can try to exploit. I think he’s like all quarterbacks, every rep they see, every snap they take in a league like this, they’re getting better and better. And he’s a very talented guy," Kentucky coach Mark Stoops said.

Eliot said after eight games Eason is really not like a freshman because he now has experience.

“I think that he’s been calm and collected when he’s gotten out of the pocket. Now, he’s made a lot of plays scrambling. Somebody might’ve gotten pressure so he’s on the run now. He makes a good decision and finds the open guy. He’s really been dangerous when he gets out of the pocket and makes decisions," Eliot said.

"They’re going to have different schemes and different personnels so we’re going to adjust some of our calls, adjust some of our schemes and techniques based on that. But, we don’t look at this game any different based on the year of their quarterback.”

Eliot is expecting Georgia's best. The Bulldogs lost to Vanderbilt -- a team UK beat -- and had to rally to beat Missouri -- a team UK easily handled. However, the Bulldogs played much better in a loss to Florida than UK did against the Gators.

"You have to be ready to defend a very talented awesome and be ready for the best game they’re going to play. We’re expecting their best. Our players know what type of running backs they have, what type of receivers they have, they know what type of tight ends they have. So, you know, we’re going to be geared up and ready to go. Expecting a great game on Saturday," Eliot said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed