Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Timmons could be key for Kentucky's next two games

By LARRY VAUGHT

Senior Ryan Timmons was one of the big-name recruits in Mark Stoops' first recruiting class at Kentucky. He was a dynamic playmaker at Franklin County and was forced into duty immediately at UK because of the team's lack of depth at receiver.

The last two years injuries have limited him and UK has also upgraded talent at receiver. But he has 10 catches for 156 yards this season and had two key catches late in the first half against Mississippi State last week.

"Good to see," Stoops said of Timmons. "I think all of our guys have been fun to coach, and you know, waiting for their opportunity. You know, we weren't built to just throw it around and have all that fun that you like to see. It's about being selfless and when it's your time, you have to step up and make some plays."

Timmons certainly fits that mold and could be huge for UK the next two games that could put UK in position for a really good bowl bid.

“In this offense, you can get him on fly sweeps and you can get him on reverses and you can get him on certain things, but we’ve gotten him the ball on some down the field stuff and he’s always going to be a part of it," offensive coordinator Eddie Gran said. "Sometimes his read doesn’t take it to him or we make the wrong read, so I think it will get distributed a little more as we keep going and if we keep throwing the ball better.

"He looks really strong when he catches it. And he’s been making some plays for us. Always good to see him make plays for us.”
    Comments 3 Comments
      dan_bgblue -
      Played really well last weekend. Hope the effort continues
      Padukacat -
      Is it just me or do our guys all have the feel that they got screwed coming to Kentucky because they didnt end up that feature guy that they thought they would be? I'm not saying its Timmons in the least, i just feel like all our players are really entitled to play and get reps and be in the spotlight more than i would expect at this level? Like they all expected to be the one that stood out in the SEC so they came to a weak KY team to do it and now they pout because they cant stand out? Maybe im way off base but i find myself always fearing a guy is going to quit because he's not getting the ball enough. Maybe we sell them on coming to little ole ky in the big SEC because you can rise to the top easily and get noticed, and maybe they have too high of expectations coming in?
      ETWNAPPEL -
      Timmons had a lot of drops early on in his career that seemed to hurt him more than injuries. He's looked good this season. Glad he is back in the mix.
  • KSR Twitter Feed