Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Getting to know the Kentucky Sports Report writing staff

I know you know who they are, but thought this might be fun anyway.

Larry Vaught

is our chief writer, the sports editor of the Danville Advocate-Messenger, and the reigning six-consecutive year Kentucky Sportswriter of the Year. He covers all things UK, and if there's something you want to know about Kentucky--ask him. He is very good about interacting with fans on the message boards, and has often spoke of it being something that he enjoys greatly. Larry has a way of being able to get to the "truth" of the matter, good or bad, but does not confuse being "critical" with being "objective." He manages to stay a UK fan while being objective with giving us the news; and that is not an easy task. Nobody does it better, in my opinion.

Follow Larry here, of course, and on Twitter at @vaughtsviews.

Lonny Demaree,

the "Mayor of Kentucky football," is a well-respected Kentucky media personality that has been a staple at Kentucky Sports Report for many years. Lonny is often found as a radio guest on the Lexington airwaves (catch him today on Larry Glover's show, talking Kentucky football). While Lonny has a particular penchant for Kentucky football, he also covers all Kentucky sports as well. Larry and Lonny often work together at SEC Media events, and generally cover things like SEC Media Days like nobody else can do it.

Follow Lonny here, and on Twitter at @ksrlonny.

Tyler Adkins

is new with us, and we're ecstatic to have him as our basketball and basketball recruiting editor. Tyler is "one of those," a third-year law school student about to graduate and be one of the many lawyers that seem to grace our boards, but you won't find a more likeable person than Tyler. Tyler comes to us from serving more than a year at Wildcat Blue Nation in the same role, and he is excited to be a part of this terrific community. Tyler has also been a contributing writer to Scout.com and the Kentucky Preps football site, and may occasionally venture outside the basketball venue when the mood strikes.

Follow Tyler here, and on Twitter at @TylerAdkinsKSR1

Ashley Scoby

is also new to us, and becoming a fast favorite at Kentucky Sports Report for her ability to provide poignant stories, and often a side that you won't find anywhere else. Her recent interview with Jeremy Jarmon stirred emotions in any football fan, and of course, especially the Kentucky football fan. Ashley is in the Journalism school at the University of Kentucky, and will be contributing in UK football, as well as other areas, including basketball.

Follow Ashley here, and on Twitter at @AshleyScoby

Rounding out our group of principal writers is KSR intern, Erin Ashley Simon.

Erin is a fascinating individual who began her own website, www.boxofmess.com, when she was only sixteen years of age. She is a Kentucky women's soccer player, playing for one of my favorite Twitter personalities, Jon Lipsitz (@ukcoachlipsitz). Erin somehow manages to balance her demanding SEC soccer schedule, training, practice, and game competition, with her double major, her own website, and writing for us from the unique perspective of a University of Kentucky athlete. Erin will be focused on providing features of various sorts, and maybe a little different, and some things that may make you think in a little different way.

Follow Ashley here, and on Twitter at @Erin_AshleyS.

We have many other contributors on the site that are not "official" on staff, but provide great content, analysis, and commentary on all things Kentucky. I would be remiss if I did not mention Carolinawildcats (Richard Rice), Darryl, anderwt, akaukswoosh, and Doc as some of those primary contributors. You may see Darrell KSR with a blog or eleven, and CitizenBBN doing the same. Of course, there are many others that also provide substantial contributions on a regular basis, but if I continued naming them all, we'd run out of bandwidth .

Our KSR photographer will be in action this week, Jeff Houchin. Jeff does such a great job of photographing Kentucky sports, he forgets to take a photo of himself. But look for his photos of Kentucky v Kent State action after the game this weekend.

Also contributing his talents from time to time will be Larry Vaught's wonderful photographer, Clay Jackson, or "actionjackson" on the boards. Clay's work is well-known throughout the Commonwealth and elsewhere, and we're pleased to have him contribute from time to time as well.
    Comments 14 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      A few more pics of Larry and Lonny.

I bet Larry would like to forget this time:

Attachment 395

It's hard to find a picture of Larry without him interviewing a coach, a player, or a cheerleader. But here's one we cropped to let you see him without distraction:

Attachment 396

Lonny Demaree cleans up well.

Attachment 397

Lonny, I believe you are out of eligibility.

Attachment 398

Larry and Lonny work SEC Media Days hard each year.

Attachment 399
      TheFabFueder -
      Saw that first picture and didn't realize Larry was such an attractive lady.
      LarryVaught1 -
      Love that line FabFueder
      Padukacat -
      I love stuff like this, still remember an old thread where everyone introduced themselves, its nice to put a face w a name!
      jazyd -
      Good job Darrell, I hope you are not grooming a certain lawyer to be as a partner.
      Darrell KSR -
      LOL. No, Jazy--Tyler has too much sense to be associated with me.

Padukacat, I have always enjoyed those, too. My hopes are for the "Front Porch" to take off after a period of time, and people start feeling comfortable sharing a little, maybe posting a pic or two, etc. Hopefully somebody will get a pic of the tailgate crew under the "C" in Commonwealth this Saturday and post that as well.

FabFueder, I have to have a reason why I continue to take pics of Ashley Judd. If I don't use them occasionally here, it just makes me creepy taking pics of her all the time . It's not the greatest picture, but I personally enjoy seeing Larry, Lonny, and others at work, doing what they enjoy. The pic of Larry and Lonny at SEC Media Days are some of my favorites; whether it is interviewing a UK football player at a private interview session (shown above), or just goofing off posing with the Heisman trophy. Those guys have a passion for reporting, a passion for Kentucky athletics, and a passion for Kentucky fans. I like to think it shows up in pics like those, and I know it shows up often in their writing.

Glad you guys enjoyed this.
      cattails -
      Can't we at least get one ugly girl? These girls are very pleasing to the eye!!!
      TheFabFueder -
      Quote Originally Posted by cattails View Post
      Can't we at least get one ugly girl? These girls are very pleasing to the eye!!!
      Duke has all of the ugly women already.
      cattails -
      Quote Originally Posted by TheFabFueder View Post

Well we can be sure these ladies are not from Duke. And is it just me, but are we having an Ashley fetish?
      jazyd -
      Do they ever, their cheerleaders were bad last year and I mean bad.

CitizenBBN -
      Boy do you speak the truth. Their cheerleader uniform should include a paper bag.

Proof positive there aren't any Southern girls going there. THey don't call it University of New Jersey Durham for nothing.
      Jimcats -
      Quote Originally Posted by cattails View Post
      Hey, cattails, they're just trying to offset all those ugly guys. Heheh!
      BigBlueBrock -
      Where did you guys find these women? Man...
      cattails -
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimcats View Post
      Hey, cattails, they're just trying to offset all those ugly guys. Heheh!
      What guys??? Guess it worked!!!
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post