Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Alabama presents opportunity for Matt Elam

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky nose guard Matt Elam has taken a lot of criticism from fans over his play this season. Yet defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot said Wednesday that he thought Elam "played hard" in last week's win over South Carolina.

"I thought he came off the ball harder and struck blockers. I thought he even rushed the passer decent. We got some good push.”

Kentucky plays at Alabama Saturday night. Alabama is the school that Elam turned down to play at UK. Alabama is also a power team that could result in Elam playing more.

"Matt, his strength is his size and he’s hard to move. Power run teams and teams that have bigger personnel groups out there are more of his fit," Eliot said.

Head coach Mark Stoops was glad to see Elam playing more aggressive against South Carolina and even getting in on a quarterback sack.

"He definitely got around that quarterback behind the line of scrimmage, which was a good thing. He really played some good football," Stoops said. "Matt played the best he’s played and he really had good effort and was disruptive in some of that stuff that goes unnoticed."
    Comments 6 Comments
      CatQuick -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      By LARRY VAUGHT

"I thought he came off the ball harder and struck blockers. I thought he even rushed the passer decent. We got some good push.”
      "
      Maybe not quite what you expect of a 5* now a junior
      Padukacat -
      He may have made the wrong college decision as well.
      Terry Blue -
      Not sure where you,re coming from on that. If he s as bad asany of you think he is, he would have never seen the field at Bama
      Padukacat -
      Quote Originally Posted by Terry Blue View Post
      Not sure where you,re coming from on that. If he s as bad asany of you think he is, he would have never seen the field at Bama
      I'm coming from making a choice to be in a winning (the winningest)environment and being pushed by the greatest college coach and staff in the game vs. playing for what could be argued as the JOKE of the conference and a head coach that doesnt seem to have a clue how to run an offense based on the disaster that is having 3 coordinators in as many years. Is that enough for you or shall i go on?
      Darrell KSR -
      I'm just happy he played a better game last week and hope the progress continues.
      suncat05 -
      I wonder how many times his pal Damien Harris will run right by Elam's outstretched hand while Elam is getting pushed out of the way? It'll probably happen many times in this game. And Elam won't be the only member of the D-line that this will happen to either.
  • KSR Twitter Feed