Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Briscoe ready to prove shooting this season

By LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky sophomore Isaiah Briscoe had trouble making 3-point shots and free throws last season. He did everything else well, but had problems with his shot.

"Give me some time," said Briscoe.

He's spent enormous hours in the gym during the offseason working to improve his accuracy. He also understands why he will keep getting asked about his shot until the season starts.

"I don't hate the question because it is my fault the question is being asked and something I embraced with everybody being on me for how bad it is. Don't run from it. Embrace and attack it," Briscoe said.

"If you are having a great year, you want to embrace that and continue to attack that. Last year I seen everything. I didn't stop going on social media. I saw every comment. I know it was there. I embraced it. I don't run away."

Not many players would be that way. Many would resent being asked about the shooting over and over. Some would even lose confidence. But not Briscoe.

"I can be a good shooter. I am a good shooter. Maybe I didn't prove that last year. It happens. That was the first year I struggled with my shot. The only way to go from there is up," Briscoe said.

Improving his shot should also help his NBA stock. He put his name into the draft but withdrew it after he was told he needed a more reliable shot.
    "There are a lot of people in the NBA now who can't shoot and make a fortune. There are a lot of people in the NBA who not shoot well and do other things," Briscoe said.
    Comments 5 Comments
      dtalbersjr -
      I love this:

"I don't hate the question because it is my fault the question is being asked and something I embraced with everybody being on me for how bad it is. Don't run from it. Embrace and attack it," Briscoe said.
      suncat05 -
      Kid would make a great Army Ranger. He's definitely a fighter. I like his heart.
      Hoss -
      So glad he's back!
      Krank -
      Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
      Kid would make a great Army Ranger. He's definitely a fighter. I like his heart.
      Agreed. I think he MIGHT be the single most important player on this year's team. He will lead on defense, but also lead, period.

Great kid. I love rooting for him.
      ShoesSwayedBlue -
      Cal has said that his new guards main fault so far is their sometimes casual play. Briscoe is one heckuva cure for that. They better bring it hot because he sure will.
  • KSR Twitter Feed