Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Today's uniform, complete with anthracite accents

Comments 18 Comments
      Darrell KSR -
      Really more than accents, I guess. I'm not a fashion guy. I don't mind this look too much, but gray/anthracite isn't a UK color, either.
      KSRBEvans -
      I'll withhold comment. Hope the players like them.
      dan_bgblue -
      If they were only half as tough and have as much energy as the color's namesake they would be unbeatable
      Darrell KSR -
      I'm going to say this, and I haven't said it before.

With Kentucky's recent football lack of success, I'm more critical of everything related to the program, including the uniforms. But to me, the checkerboard, multiple colors, and design issues make it look clown-like. And perhaps that's my mentality on how they have played; I acknowledge that. I also acknowledge that I am a poor gauge of fashion. When I said I didn't mind the look too much, I was mainly reflecting on the grey color, plus if they play well, they can play in polka dot pajamas for all I care....which, coincidentally, is somewhat similar to how I see the present uniforms.
      dan_bgblue -
      Can't wait to see it tonight as I am trying to figure out how they incorporated the white accent around the waist. The socks look nice, just plain white with the little swoosh emblem
      CitizenBBN -
      I honestly find the entire "thing" about unis and fashion to be silly at best and a hypocritical distraction at worst.

I look at it this way. Coaches are generally utterly anal about process and ritual and doing things the same way every game in the name of focus and consistency and minimizing distractions. They do the team meals the same way, some have the team stay in hotels even at home games just to keep it all the same. Yet they then have the players and staff changing uniforms sometimes 4-5 or more times in a season.

I dont' think it's the end of the world or the cause of bad play, but I do wonder why coaches don't see these things as just another silly distraction from focus and concentration. If they do then I assume they are being overridden by the marketing folks who also claim it's big for recruiting. I don't believe that either btw, I believe having coaches who players can trust and want to play for and teams that win is pretty much 95% of recruiting.

I don't really care what they wear, but I do think for the fans it's actually annoying to have all these different themes on a team that is losing. It looks like you're rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic so the passengers can get a better view of their impending doom.
      wes011 -
      I like the anthracite color, but I don't like the way it is incorporated in the uniform design. They can wear pink if they want....as long as it pumps up the team and the defense will play better.
      Catfan73 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

But to me, the checkerboard, multiple colors, and design issues make it look clown-like.
      http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37455073
      KSRBEvans -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post

With Kentucky's recent football lack of success, I'm more critical of everything related to the program, including the uniforms. But to me, the checkerboard, multiple colors, and design issues make it look clown-like. And perhaps that's my mentality on how they have played; I acknowledge that. I also acknowledge that I am a poor gauge of fashion. When I said I didn't mind the look too much, I was mainly reflecting on the grey color, plus if they play well, they can play in polka dot pajamas for all I care....which, coincidentally, is somewhat similar to how I see the present uniforms.
      OK, I won't withhold comment. My first thought when I saw them was "clown suit," so glad you went ahead and said it.

I think they're trying too hard to attract attention with things that don't matter. Checkerboard, stripes, swirls, 2 colors last week, 4 colors this week, etc. etc. It's like Stoops' comments--big bunch of nothing. Win some games. The rest is Titanic deck-chair arranging.
      kingcat -
      I think clear plastic is the way to go. At least until some of them prove their manhood
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
      I think clear plastic is the way to go. At least until some of them prove their manhood
      We might get more women interested in the sport.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      As an aside, the State police here had issued a warning they were going to crack down on this nonsense.

In my experience, the Kentucky State police aren't known for kidding around. I've heard a lot of stories as to why this phenomenon is happening, but I'm just glad the KSP intends to put a stop to it before someone gets hurt.
      Catfan73 -
      I hope the KSP near the stadium aren't paying attention tonight just in case some of our players are "clowing around" like usual.
      CitizenBBN -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catfan73 View Post
      I hope the KSP near the stadium aren't paying attention tonight just in case some of our players are "clowing around" like usual.
      Lol. Well played sir.
      BarristerCat -
      Gray as an alt uniform color is almost as played out as black.
      Padukacat -
      The generation playing now is very much concerned with anything but actually the sport they are playing. It would be a good time to be a youth player.
      Hoss -
      Needed more checkerboard...
      Darrell KSR -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
      Needed more checkerboard...
      How about a checkerboard cowbell?

• KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post