Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Immature Cats regressing at practice

Whatever the reason, Stoops finally did what he should have -- he lit into his players after Wednesday's practice for continuing to make the same mistakes.

"Yeah I got after them a little bit. I’m not pleased. I’m just … it’s frustrating. We try to teach, try to coach, try to educate, and sometimes all that don’t work. The truth is the truth. If we’re so fragile we can’t handle the truth, we’re not going to win many games. I told them the truth," Stoops said.

About time and the defensive players have to realize that after being shredded by Southern Mississippi, Florida and New Mexico State. Kentucky has yet to hold an opponent under 40 points this season.

Stoops thought the defense had performed better in Tuesday's practice but not Wednesday.

"I thought we absolutely regressed today, and that’s our problem. That’s our problem. Until we get it changed, we’re going to have the same darn results that we have in that stadium which is bull crap," Stoops said. "So until we grow up and get a mentality about us and have some guys step up and get tougher, then we’re going to look like the same bunch of crap.

"Some guys need to grow up in a hurry. We have no idea what it takes to have concentration, from the beginning of the week through the end and through a whole game and so on. You get the picture? We’re not real tough, we’re not real smart and we’ve got a long way to go.”

How did the defense respond to those stinging words?

“We’ll see. There was no discussion," Stoops said.

Probably a wise decision by the defensive players not to mess with Stoops when he was obviously so upset.

Defensive coordinator D.J. Eliot was no happier, either.

"We’re just immature. I don’t know why we just can’t lock in and go to work every day. We just can’t take it seriously every day and that’s disappointing," Eliot said. "We lost a lot of leaders from last year and a lot of those guys from last year were very serious and very disciplined. Our group this year, we don’t have as many guys like that.”

“Yesterday we had a good practice and we had a good focus, so I think the consistency is what the problem is. It’s not that it can’t be done, it’s that it’s not done as often.”
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

I'll grade the first point. I wonder who had Oakland winning?

I kid, kid. Since I made the post, I guess the least I can do is go ahead and

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 09:18 PM Go to last post
    DanISSELisdaman

UK by 19
    Reeves 26
    41%

DanISSELisdaman 03-21-2024, 06:25 PM Go to last post
    Harlow

No problem buddy

Harlow 03-21-2024, 05:08 PM Go to last post
    Darrell KSR

Thanks, Harlow--I corrected it to 22. No idea, of course, and watch 18 be the right answer lol. Anyway, I appreciate the heads up.

Darrell KSR 03-21-2024, 04:30 PM Go to last post