Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Practice Notes September 13

By: LONNY DEMAREE

* What do the coaches mean when they say they are going to cut back on the offense? Eddie Gran said it mean they need to execute, simplify, and play fast.

* We know it sounds like old hat but Gran said they have had two great days of practice.

* Of true freshman offensive lineman Landon Young Eddie Gran said - "I thought he did a fine job. There wasn't the 'dear in the headlights look on his face.

* The very talented group of wide receivers for the last six quarters of football haven't had much of a chance to show off their skills.

* Receivers coach Lamar Thomas said - "They're pretty upbeat. they are looking forward to Saturday. "By watching these last two day of practice I really believe they are ready to go out there and play some football. We played a really, really, good football team. I don't think people realize how good they are. It's like stepping into the ring with Mile Tyson. It's all good until you get that first punch in the mouth."

* Gran was asked what was meant by football IQ? He said - "Don't make it up - don't freak out - just do your job.

* Landon Young said didn't see Cole Mosier go down because he was talking to another offensive lineman about the previous play. "I looked up on the big screen and saw Cole down," Young said, "and I said well this is what I've been working for through camp and this summer." He said he wasn't fearful, maybe a little nervous but who wouldn't be. He said what better to learn from than to go in as a true freshman in a atmosphere like the 'Swamp.'

* Stephen Johnson lll said his fumble was the results of not hitting the a-gap instead of taking it so wide but Darin Hinshaw said Johnson did some good things.

* Schlarman said that based on his practice they felt confident Young could go in the game and play. "If we didn't we would have made some other adjustments like shuffling some other veterans," Schlarman said. You had to know the staff felt good about that because Tate Leavitt was recruited to be the left tackle.

* Mark Stoops and Schlarman said Kyle Meadows graded out higher than any time since he's been at UK. He said he prepare a little different last week than in the past meaning paying more attention to detail and film study. "I paid more attention to my pass protection and power step," meadows explained.
  • KSR Twitter Feed