Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Football Notes from August 18, 2016

By: LONNY DEMAREE

- Stephen Johnson lll alluding to running the zone-read and the person or persons that gives them trouble chasing him down is "Kobie Walker" the quarterback quickly said. "Definitely Kobie Walker - Kobie Walker is one of the guys that can read it very well. He knows when I'm going to give it off or when I'm going to pull it."

- Describing the assets available at the wide receiver spot he said guys like Jabri Greenwood, Blake Bone, and Kayuane Ross can go up and get the ball and in addition of Jeff Badet, Garrett Johnson, and Ryan Timmons, Johnson said they can move the ball down the field.

- Offensive line coach John Schlarman expressed a comfort with his Offensive tackles Kyle Meadows and Cole Mosier. The coach was almost bubbly in expressing the distance Meadows has come since the spring. "He has matured in every respect both physically and mentally," Schlarman said. "Since march his consistency had gotten so much better. He said he's not surprised where Moseir is right now. "From the day he walked on this campus from day one, I felt like we got a steal," Schlarman said.

- Coach Schlarman brags about the work ethic Jon Toth has. The coach said he spends sometimes more time in the building that we do either doing mental or physical stuff. Toth was more humble when asked if he had a greater work ethic than any other player. "I try to be around the facility because you never know what little bit of information you pick up that can be helpful," the senior said.

- Meadows commenting on the high running back ratings the Wildcat have pre-season he said - "I don't pay any attention to those things because if we all do our job, that's where we get our ratings." Asked if he liked the running backs he has behind him, he said - "I loved them from the oldest to the youngest."

- Meadows said he goes against Denzel Ware and Josh Allen everyday and that when one of them get beat they get together and discuss what they did to make that happen. "Like I'll to Denzel just to see what he did on that speed rush to beat me," Meadows said. "We are always helping each other to get better." Meadows said they've gotten a lot better since they first got here. "They are starting to get to the level of Bud (Dupree) and Za'Darius (Smith) when we first got here."

- Though in the last scrimmage they were good on third conversions, no doubt the offensive coaches are going to looking for more third-down conversions on third and 1 in tomorrow's scrimmage. "We have to be percent on third and one," Eddie Gran Emphatically stated. "We converted almost perfect on 4th and one but that's not good enough."
  • KSR Twitter Feed