Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• UK Football fan experience improvements, Cat Walk change

*From UK*

Fan Experience Improvements for 2016 Football Season

First in three-part series regarding Kentucky football game day

LEXINGTON, Ky. – The 2016 Kentucky football season is around the corner. UK Athletics has a number of exciting changes in store for the Wildcats’ seven-game home schedule, which kicks off against Southern Miss on Sept. 3 at 7:30 p.m.

Over the coming three weeks, those game-day changes will be spotlighted in a three-part series. The first part of the series will focus on marketing and promotional activities.

· With the unveiling of the new $45 million Kentucky Football Training Facility this summer, the headquarters of the program has moved next door to Commonwealth. That means the Cat Walk will be different this season. The Cat Walk will still begin outside Gate 1 two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff, but the team will proceed past Gate 1 and between Commonwealth Stadium and Nutter Field House and to the locker room in the Kentucky Football Training Facility. The new Cat Walk route is expected to be more engaging and intimate and fans are encouraged to line up between Gate 1 and Commonwealth Stadium.

· After the Cat Walk, fans will have a second chance to cheer their team pregame. Beginning 75 minutes prior to kickoff and in groups for approximately 30 minutes, the Wildcats will make their way from the Kentucky Football Training Facility and through the plaza to enter Commonwealth through Gate 12.

· UK Athletics hosted a series of pregame concerts during the 2015 season. The concerts will continue for select games this season – starting with Southern Miss – moving to a new location along with the Cat Walk. Concerts will move to a new stage outside Gate 12 in the plaza adjacent to the Kentucky Football Training Facility and the Glenn Hyundai Blue Lot. The team shop will also move to the same area.

· Fans looking for activities like inflatables, mascot appearances and autograph sessions should look no further than the new Coca-Cola Fan Zone. The Coca-Cola Fan Zone will be located inside Nutter Field House with the site of the live broadcast of the Texas Roadhouse Countdown to Kickoff just outside.

· Wildcat Park will play host to the new 1865 Club, where Kentucky football fans can tailgate in style. Six units featuring a kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, heat and air, half-bath with running water and four televisions are available for single-game and full-season rental. Complete information can be found here.

· Inside the stadium, the experience for UK fans will also improve, starting with new bench-back seating installed throughout the lower level. The entire lower level of Commonwealth now features either chair-back or bench-back seats, with the exception of the student section in the East end zone.

· The Commonwealth Stadium ribbon boards will be used in a more fan-friendly way this season, with expanded team and player statistics shown on the corner ribbon boards throughout the game. Previously, these stats were only shown during timeouts. A game-in-progress interface showing the time and score will now be shown on the ribbon boards at both 20-yard lines, moving from a single display at midfield to make it easier to follow along with the action.

· Concessions have improved for the 2016 season, with new offerings throughout the stadium. Items taste-tested at season-ticket holder open house events this summer will be available at select concession stands, including Bourbon Ice Cream, Hot Brown Nachos, Pork Chop Sandwich, Pulled Pork Nachos, Chicken & Waffle Cone, Twisted Tator, Beef and Cheddar Croissant, Cat Tail (Sausage/Donut) and Hot Chicken Sandwich.

· Additionally, Four Papa John’s points-of-sale will be located on the lower concourse and five on the upper concourse. Nine Dippin’ Dots portable locations will be located throughout the stadium and new Frito Lay Top N Go Walking Tacos will be sold near Gate 1. More detailed information about concession locations and pricing will be available later. Complimentary water will be available at all concession stands.

· The concourses also feature new interactive areas in addition to concessions options. Fans will now be able to pose for pictures next to specially designed graphics to capture their experience at Commonwealth Stadium. These photo walls will be located on the lower-level concourse inside Gate 2 and Gate 11. Season ticket holders who renewed for the 2016 season will be honored on the Wall of Commitment. Sponsored by Kentucky Farm Bureau, the Wall of Commitment will be located in the East concourse on the walls outside the recruiting room.

UK Athletics is continually working to make sure the best fans in America have the best possible experiences when they cheer on their Wildcats. To that end, fans are always encouraged to submit their questions, feedback and suggestions to BBNfirst@uky.edu. Complete information about attending games at Commonwealth Stadium can be found at http://ukathleticsgameday.com/football/.
    Comments 12 Comments
      Bakert -
      Quote Originally Posted by Darrell KSR View Post
      Bourbon Ice Cream
      Darrell, love the updates you bring and your perspective on things, but in the future be sure you don't bury the lede. Bourbon Ice Cream. Say it again - Bourbon Ice Cream. C'mon, everyone together - BOURBON ICE CREAM!!!!! I didn't have plans to travel to CW this year, but I believe that just changed.
      Darrell KSR -
      lol.

Mea culpa!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakert View Post
      Darrell, love the updates you bring and your perspective on things, but in the future be sure you don't bury the lede. Bourbon Ice Cream. Say it again - Bourbon Ice Cream. C'mon, everyone together - BOURBON ICE CREAM!!!!! I didn't have plans to travel to CW this year, but I believe that just changed.
      suncat05 -
      It sounds like it will be a better experience for the fans.
      Now.......keeping in mind that I have not lived in Kentucky since 1982, and have not visited since 2009, and do not remember seeing this named item in south Florida, what exactly is a "Dippin' Dots"?
      dan_bgblue -
      Weird ice cream treat that is flash frozen little BBs of ice cream that is stored at a very low temp and served to customers in little cardboard or plastic bowls accompanied by plastic spoons. Our grand kids love it

https://www.dippindots.com/home.html...BC08E02F253A53

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dippin%27_Dots

Paducah KY is the home of Dippin dots
      MickintheHam -
      I'm hoping it is Crank and Boom's Bourbon and Honey Ice Cream. It's the best treat ever!
      suncat05 -
      Thanks, dan. I don't recall ever seeing that being out and about, and according to the web site home page they have a couple of outlets over in Ft. Myers, and one in Okeechobee, a couple in Stuart.
      I guess I need to get out more.

Baby Bea's Booger Batter? Really? I mean.........really?
      Bakert -
      Quote Originally Posted by MickintheHam View Post
      I'm hoping it is Crank and Boom's Bourbon and Honey Ice Cream. It's the best treat ever!
      I just identified the first place I will be stopping next time I am in Lexington!
      CitizenBBN -
      I should do more to support Dippin' Dots, and it's a nifty technology behind it, but I don't eat many sweets. If they make frozen nitrogen salty fried things I'll be a big supporter.

I think the new layout will work. Seems a lot more player/fan interaction due to two different cat walks really, hope the players enjoy it.
      ETWNAPPEL -
      It's JB Proof ice cream and its awesome
      MickintheHam -
      I just identified the first place I will be stopping next time I am in Lexington!
      If it is not at Commonwealth, head over to Distillery Row on Manchester Av before or after the game. You'llfind it there.
      Catonahottinroof -
      Winning would improve fan experience immensely.
      suncat05 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Catonahottinroof View Post
      Winning would improve fan experience immensely.
      Yes. Yes it would. Maybe these kids can start coming through this year. At least that is our hope.
  • KSR Twitter Feed