Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Freshman RB Snell impressing coaches

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Kentucky has four returning running backs with game experience, but don't be surprised if true freshman Benny Snell gets a chance to play in UK's opening game against Southern Mississippi.

Offensive coordinator Eddie Gran has been impressed with Gran and was when he took a big hit in Saturday's scrimmage and not only held on to the ball, but did not let the play impact him.

"Sometimes kids get hit, it’s football. We’re going to protect our players and all that, but sometimes in the heat of the moment, that happens. Two weeks ago, Benny would’ve reacted differently. Here he got up like a grown man, jogged, did his deal, came back to the huddle," Gran said.

"That’s how you’re supposed to act. That’s what I was excited about. You can’t put the ball on the ground. We don’t talk about that. He’s gonna do that. So that’s what I was, I was excited about his actions.”

So will Snell play this year?

“I love him right now, you know what I mean? For a freshman and some of the hits, he’s shown that he can have yards after contact. He’s really far ahead for a true freshman," Gran said Tuesday.

And that's why I think he will be part of UK's backfield this year.
  • KSR Twitter Feed