Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Gran discusses WR Dorian Baker

By: LARRY VAUGHT

Ask most Kentucky football fans what they remember about receiver Dorian Baker and it likely will be passes he dropped last season, not the team-high 55 catches for 608 yards and three scores.

Offensive coordinator Eddie Gran is not worried about any of that. He was not at UK last season on in 2014 when Baker had 19 catches for 199 yards and one touchdown.

So how is he doing this month?

“(He had) another great play out here today. A little bit of inconsistency, but he’s playing faster than he’s ever played," said Gran Monday. "He’s trying to play more physical than he’s ever played.

"And you get banged up out there and you’ve gotta fight through it. He’s gotta get through the whole camp. That’s what I’m looking for. I’m looking for him to finish the camp and getting into the season so we can count on him. But right now, boy, he’s done a good job.”

Gran isn't worried about past results, only daily progress and future results. He expects the same from every player.

"There can’t be anybody different. I don’t care who you are. If you’re the starter or the fourth-team guy, we’re trying to make it in the culture coach talks about it’s team. I talked about that early that we’ve got to be on the same page, no selfish players and all together. I think that’s what we’re creating," Gran said.

"Nobody. You can’t be late to meetings. You can’t not do the things we’re asking you to do and I think that’s what we’re getting right now. I really feel like it’s becoming a really tight-knit group and they’re getting tougher. I love that.”
    Comments 2 Comments
      suncat05 -
      He needs to catch 2 TD passes against Florida this year to convince me. Two passes that land right in his hands in the end zone. Otherwise, it's just more of the same, all talk, nothing else.
      dan_bgblue -
      Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
      He needs to catch 2 TD passes against Florida this year to convince me. Two passes that land right in his hands in the end zone. Otherwise, it's just more of the same, all talk, nothing else.
      I am beginning to believe that team attitude will make everyone better. We will see if I am right or not pretty dang soon. Dropped passes happen to the best players in the world, but they know it will not happen next time.
  • KSR Twitter Feed