Having trouble getting registered or subscribing? Email us at info@kysportsreport.com or Private Message CitizenBBN and we'll get you set up!

• Media favorite Jackson expecting the unexpected

By LARRY VAUGHT

He's one of Kentucky's big-name recruits in the 2016 freshman class, but Woodford County offensive lineman Drake Jackson says he does not know what to expect this season.

"I don't think anybody knows. Coaches just tell you to do your best and that is my expectation after this spring and summer. Let the coaches decide the future," Jackson said.

He says offensive line coach John Schlarman has been "great" to play for.

"His good days and bad days are not much different. Every day for him is consistent and that's the great thing about him. He has been great. He really knows what he is doing," Jackson said.

What about a redshirt year for Jackson, who was recruited as a center but has also been playing guard?

"I would love to hear that I am not being redshirted, but whatever is best for the team is what will happen," Jackson said.

Media members are pulling for Jackson not to be redshirted. If he is, he will be off limits to media members all season. He's such a great quote that being off limits for interviews would be he heartbreaking.

What about Jackson? Could he go until March without doing interviews if he is redshirted?

"That is a hard thing to do, too. I would have to suck it up I guess," he said.
  • KSR Twitter Feed

• Recent Forum Posts

Harlow

Re: Oakland v UK hall of fame

See ya next guys with a new coach

Harlow 03-22-2024, 08:36 AM Go to last post